How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8

Page 12 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 380
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 OEM
       #111

    No AddRam I flagged the first webpage ages ago and only just reviewed it now.
    I read it a little different at first than Brds and I am still a little cloudy over it now, however I listen to people who know more than I do so that means my PC is mean and clean.

    Thanks all, very much appreciated.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,797
    Win 7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 Pro, Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (All 64-Bit)
       #112

    MeOnMine said:
    No AddRam I flagged the first webpage ages ago and only just reviewed it now.
    I read it a little different at first than Brds and I am still a little cloudy over it now, however I listen to people who know more than I do so that means my PC is mean and clean.

    Thanks all, very much appreciated.
    Haha, it's okay. These updates lately have been annoying as they keep coming back with different numbers.

    But KB3045999 is definitely the one you want. Security updates should never be skipped.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 13,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #113

    As long as I`m not getting any W10 files on my Asus, I`m a happy camper, and I Love Camping
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 186
    Windows 7 Professional 32bit SP1, Windows 10 Home 64-bit at the moment
       #114

    GWX.exe Get Windows 10 I'm fed up of seeing the message popup every day. I uninstalled the updates causing this in post #1 but it still shows in Notification Area, I have it set to Hide icon and notification. If I want Windows 10 which I don't I will buy it.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 135
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #115

    W10 upgrade updates


    Do the following to check if an update is installed:

    1. Tap on the Windows-key, type cmd and hit enter.
    2. Type powershell and hit enter.
    3. Use the command get-hotfix -id KB3035583 to find out whether the update is installed
    4. To speed things up, query for all updates in a single command like this:
      get-hotfix -id KB3035583,KB2952664,KB2976978,KB3021917,KB3044374,KB2990214,KB3022345


    Hi there, I tried your steps above but ran into an issue with cmd as it gave me nothing to indicate whether or not any of those update had been installed or not. So I tried with PowerShell and the command you provided gave me what I attached as an image.

    I will be executing the remaining commands for removal but I need to know if there is anything else I should know before-hand.

    Thank you much and hope to hear from you soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8-powershell-checking-w10-updates.jpg  
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 135
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #116

    my previous post is directed at the first post on this thread. I am so sorry for not addressing the concerned user but I am hoping to get an answer if permitted please.

    Thanks much and God bless,
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 13,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #117

    Yes KB3045999 is fine to install, here is it`s description. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045999

    My list:

    Updates not to Install

    KB2876229 SKYPE
    KB2923545 RDP
    KB2970228
    KB3035583
    KB2990214
    KB3021917
    KB3068708 Telemetry
    KB2592687
    KB2660075
    KB2506928
    KB2952664 x2
    KB3050265
    KB2726535
    KB2994023
    KB3022345 Replaced by KB3068708 Telemetry
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #118

    zeamann said:
    Do the following to check if an update is installed:

    1. Tap on the Windows-key, type cmd and hit enter.
    2. Type powershell and hit enter.
    3. Use the command get-hotfix -id KB3035583 to find out whether the update is installed
    4. To speed things up, query for all updates in a single command like this:
      get-hotfix -id KB3035583,KB2952664,KB2976978,KB3021917,KB3044374,KB2990214,KB3022345


    Hi there, I tried your steps above but ran into an issue with cmd as it gave me nothing to indicate whether or not any of those update had been installed or not. So I tried with PowerShell and the command you provided gave me what I attached as an image.

    I will be executing the remaining commands for removal but I need to know if there is anything else I should know before-hand.

    Thank you much and hope to hear from you soon.
    It would get an error screen like you did on your first try in red showing updates not installed but according to NoelDP the only update that should be skipped is KB3035583 if you are not upgrading to windows 10.

    Code:
    PS C:\Users\user name> get-hotfix -id KB3035583,KB2952664,KB2976978,KB3021917,KB3044374,KB2990214,KB3022345
    Get-HotFix : This command cannot find hot-fix on the machine 'localhost'. Verify the input and Run your command again.
    At line:1 char:11
    + get-hotfix <<<<  -id KB3035583,KB2952664,KB2976978,KB3021917,KB3044374,KB2990214,KB3022345
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (:) [Get-HotFix], ArgumentException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetHotFixNoEntriesFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetHotFixCommand
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #119

    Addram in another thread, I am asking a questioning on KB3050265 if it should be installed because it fixes other issues. Those others updates didn't fix other known problems with windows 7 you could tell they were specific to windows 10 upgrade. I am going to try installing KB350265 soon.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,797
    Win 7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 Pro, Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (All 64-Bit)
       #120

    groze said:
    Addram in another thread, I am asking a questioning on KB3050265 if it should be installed because it fixes other issues. Those others updates didn't fix other known problems with windows 7 you could tell they were specific to windows 10 upgrade. I am going to try installing KB350265 soon.
    KB3050265 is an update to the windows update agent files and is classed as Optional. An earlier version of this is KB2990214. It's entirely up to you if you want to install. But these look like updates to Windows Update so you can install the 10 upgrade through WU.

    I've skipped both but it's up to you.
      My Computer


 
Page 12 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.
Find Us