Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8

06 Aug 2015   #241
groze

W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
 
 

There already is some 3rd party tweaks and programs to disable some not all the stuff.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Aug 2015   #242
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Yep,
Not sure if any 1 or all would break 10 and have users refresh install every other day
Refresh install is a pain undoing everything
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2015   #243
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18.3 MATE, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
Newpgm, with regards to KB2952664, that's actually now shown up twice in my list of hidden updates. One is classed as Recommended and the other as Optional.
So, yes it is possible to have that show up more than once.
I'm creating a new W7 VM (from an existing one) because I need to install Java.

KB2952664 appeared in the Windows Update Important and Optional lists!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Aug 2015   #244
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
Newpgm, with regards to KB2952664, that's actually now shown up twice in my list of hidden updates. One is classed as Recommended and the other as Optional.
So, yes it is possible to have that show up more than once.
I'm creating a new W7 VM (from an existing one) because I need to install Java.

KB2952664 appeared in the Windows Update Important and Optional lists!
I just had KB2953664 along with a new update "improver" show up thiss morning. I'm so furious with Micro S**t trying to RAM these updates down my throat, especially KB2953664! The latter has been "offered" to me three or four times in the past month. Can't the clowns take a hint?

Btw, why would you want a high security risk like Java on your computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2015   #245
Brds7t7

Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate (64-Bit) Retail, Windows 8.1 Pro (64-Bit) Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
Newpgm, with regards to KB2952664, that's actually now shown up twice in my list of hidden updates. One is classed as Recommended and the other as Optional.
So, yes it is possible to have that show up more than once.
I'm creating a new W7 VM (from an existing one) because I need to install Java.

KB2952664 appeared in the Windows Update Important and Optional lists!
I just had KB2953664 along with a new update "improver" show up thiss morning. I'm so furious with Micro S**t trying to RAM these updates down my throat, especially KB2953664! The latter has been "offered" to me three or four times in the past month. Can't the clowns take a hint?

Btw, why would you want a high security risk like Java on your computer?
It would be better if Microsoft offered a way to permanently hide and not be offered a certain update again. Wishful thinking though.
MS clearly wants all users of 7/8 to be subjected to the same telemetry/diagnostics that Windows 10 offers, because I've seen some of those files (such as appraiser.dll) also included in Windows 10.

Keep trying Microsoft... I'll keep hiding your crappy updates!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2015   #246
gini

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote:
I just had KB2953664 along with a new update "improver" show up thiss morning. I'm so furious with Micro S**t trying to RAM these updates down my throat, especially KB2953664! The latter has been "offered" to me three or four times in the past month. Can't the clowns take a hint?
Same here. I keep hiding it but it comes back! Guess MS thinks you'll forget you've already rejected it . . .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2015   #247
scr

1. Windows 7 Home Premium sp1 - 64bit 2. Windows 7 Pro sp1 - 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gini View Post
Quote:
I just had KB2953664 along with a new update "improver" show up thiss morning. I'm so furious with Micro S**t trying to RAM these updates down my throat, especially KB2953664! The latter has been "offered" to me three or four times in the past month. Can't the clowns take a hint?
Same here. I keep hiding it but it comes back! Guess MS thinks you'll forget you've already rejected it . . .
I did July's updates yesterday, data cap issues, and the previously hidden KB2953664 showed up again. I now have two KB2953664 updates hidden. One shows as "Recommended" at 6.0 MB and the other "Optional" at 6.1 MB. I don't remember which one I hid first.

When I checked today I got the "Windows is up to date" - "There are no new updates available for your computer." Perhaps there is hope that it has given up. Only time will tell.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2015   #248
Brds7t7

Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate (64-Bit) Retail, Windows 8.1 Pro (64-Bit) Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by scr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gini View Post
Quote:
I just had KB2953664 along with a new update "improver" show up thiss morning. I'm so furious with Micro S**t trying to RAM these updates down my throat, especially KB2953664! The latter has been "offered" to me three or four times in the past month. Can't the clowns take a hint?
Same here. I keep hiding it but it comes back! Guess MS thinks you'll forget you've already rejected it . . .
I did July's updates yesterday, data cap issues, and the previously hidden KB2953664 showed up again. I now have two KB2953664 updates hidden. One shows as "Recommended" at 6.0 MB and the other "Optional" at 6.1 MB. I don't remember which one I hid first.

When I checked today I got the "Windows is up to date" - "There are no new updates available for your computer." Perhaps there is hope that it has given up. Only time will tell.
Doubtful, there's been about 11 versions of that update so far. Expect a new one every month as they continue pushing everyone to move to W10.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2015   #249
groze

W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
 
 

What are the telemetry/diagnostics update old & new that not in the list for windows 7? I would like to get rid of them. Otherwise, I am going to have to do a clean install of windows 7 again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2015   #250
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18.3 MATE, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 
Java Programming

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
I'm creating a new W7 VM (from an existing one) because I need to install Java.

KB2952664 appeared in the Windows Update Important and Optional lists!
I just had KB2953664 along with a new update "improver" show up thiss morning. I'm so furious with Micro S**t trying to RAM these updates down my throat, especially KB2953664! The latter has been "offered" to me three or four times in the past month. Can't the clowns take a hint?

Btw, why would you want a high security risk like Java on your computer?
I don't want it on my PC (which is why I've copied one of my VMs and installed it on that).

Since I've finished my Web Design Diploma, I've moved on to Software Development and Java Programming is part of that course.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
It would be better if Microsoft offered a way to permanently hide and not be offered a certain update again. Wishful thinking though.
That would be the best solution, but if it just downloaded a tool that users could run, when and if they wanted to upgrade, it wouldn't be so annoying.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Updates-Which ones to keep or remove?
Good afternoon everyone. So, I haven't updated in awhile and stayed away from W10. I have a Windows 7-32bit laptop that I just ran a windows update on. Can anyone suggest to me if there are some in here I need to stay away from. I've come and read a lot of the posts and check some of the...
Windows Updates & Activation
remove all windows updates
hello i just wondering if you can remove all of the windows 7 updates all in one go and not one at a time ? if not looks like a reinstall of windows :( LOL :)
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Updates - Remove Outdated Updates in Windows 7
How to Remove Outdated Windows Updates Using Disk Cleanup in Windows 7 Microsoft released an update on October 8, 2013 that allows you to remove outdated Windows Updates using Disk Cleanup in Windows 7. This update adds a new plugin to the Disk Cleanup wizard. After you install this update,...
Tutorials
Windows 10 upgrade advisor is interrupting windows updates !
Well this problem is always happening to me since the Day I downloaded windows 10 in my pc When I go to Windows Update it should tell you that if your pc is updated or no or there are updates to download and install Mine is not showing that Instead of showing windows updates or telling that...
Drivers
Program to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7
I was watching this link: How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8. It got too complex, too long, and it seemed to be getting off track. I felt the fixes were a little too technical for me and my experience level. Therefore I'm starting a new thread to get suggestions for...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App