How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8

Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
       #421

    MeOnMine's list are almost the same except I stopped Silverlight too
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,797
    Win 7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 Pro, Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (All 64-Bit)
       #422

    ThrashZone said:
    MeOnMine's list are almost the same except I stopped Silverlight too
    Same here Thrash. I've now removed Java, Flash, QuickTime and Silverlight.

    The flash player that's built into Chrome I have set to run on demand.

    Removing all of these hasn't had any negative impact on my daily browsing experience. I only had one program which still used java which I've now completely removed. Will find a Java free alternative when I get around to it.

    Surprised to hear Netflix still uses Silverlight and even more surprised that some content on the Microsoft site still uses Silverlight. Flogging a dead horse there!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
       #423

    I guess M$ has to use Silverlight for something :)
    They failed to use it with Skype
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #424

    Brds7t7 said:
    ThrashZone said:
    MeOnMine's list are almost the same except I stopped Silverlight too
    Same here Thrash. I've now removed Java, Flash, QuickTime and Silverlight.

    The flash player that's built into Chrome I have set to run on demand.

    Removing all of these hasn't had any negative impact on my daily browsing experience. I only had one program which still used java which I've now completely removed. Will find a Java free alternative when I get around to it.

    Surprised to hear Netflix still uses Silverlight and even more surprised that some content on the Microsoft site still uses Silverlight. Flogging a dead horse there!
    Brds7t7, I didn't think that was needed since google chrome keeps flash sandboxed. Also, I looked in chrome://plugins/ didn't see an option to run on demand.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,797
    Win 7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 Pro, Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (All 64-Bit)
       #425

    groze said:
    Brds7t7 said:
    ThrashZone said:
    MeOnMine's list are almost the same except I stopped Silverlight too
    Same here Thrash. I've now removed Java, Flash, QuickTime and Silverlight.

    The flash player that's built into Chrome I have set to run on demand.

    Removing all of these hasn't had any negative impact on my daily browsing experience. I only had one program which still used java which I've now completely removed. Will find a Java free alternative when I get around to it.

    Surprised to hear Netflix still uses Silverlight and even more surprised that some content on the Microsoft site still uses Silverlight. Flogging a dead horse there!
    Brds7t7, I didn't think that was needed since google chrome keeps flash sandboxed. Also, I looked in chrome://plugins/ didn't see an option to run on demand.
    It's in the chrome main settings, not the plugins page. Set all plugins to run on demand. Also sets pdf's to not open automatically.
    Probably an unnecessary step, but with the amount of flash vulnerabilities popping up lately, I'm taking no chances.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #426

    Brds7t7 said:
    groze said:
    Brds7t7 said:

    Same here Thrash. I've now removed Java, Flash, QuickTime and Silverlight.

    The flash player that's built into Chrome I have set to run on demand.

    Removing all of these hasn't had any negative impact on my daily browsing experience. I only had one program which still used java which I've now completely removed. Will find a Java free alternative when I get around to it.

    Surprised to hear Netflix still uses Silverlight and even more surprised that some content on the Microsoft site still uses Silverlight. Flogging a dead horse there!
    Brds7t7, I didn't think that was needed since google chrome keeps flash sandboxed. Also, I looked in chrome://plugins/ didn't see an option to run on demand.
    It's in the chrome main settings, not the plugins page. Set all plugins to run on demand. Also sets pdf's to not open automatically.
    Probably an unnecessary step, but with the amount of flash vulnerabilities popping up lately, I'm taking no chances.
    Thank you.

    Just for information
    Settings-Show Advance settings
    Privacy content settings
    Scroll down to Plugins choose an option listed there.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 26
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       #427

    Ok no matter what I select I get the message about windows 10. I stop it during the setup files state. I have rebooted and chosen only one optional file which is a NVIDEA hardware driver. I still comes up with the same message.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #428
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,797
    Win 7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 Pro, Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (All 64-Bit)
       #429

    Who is your post aimed at? Who is trying to scare people?
    Personally I couldn't give a toss about Windows 10 privacy. If Microsoft really wants to spy on someone's pc, they'd find a way.
    But some people (me included) just don't want 10 on their pc. Nothing in the OS interests me or makes me want to upgrade. It's annoying when they're trying to nag people into upgrading though.
    I have no interest in Cortana/Planners/Voice Searches. I don't even have Google Now Activated on my Android phone.
    I have no interest in mobile style apps on a pc either so Windows 10 is pointless for me. This thread isn't just about privacy concerns.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 7
    Win7
       #430

    zelcoin's Bad updates Windows 7/8.1 list (as of 10/10/2015):

    KB971033
    KB2922324
    KB2952664
    KB2976978
    KB2977759
    KB2990214
    KB3012973
    KB3015249
    KB3021917
    KB3022345
    KB3035583
    KB3044374
    KB3068708
    KB3075249
    KB3080149
    Last edited by zelcoin; 10 Oct 2015 at 13:01. Reason: added also 8.1 version of Windows
      My Computer


 
Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29.
Find Us