Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Update Fail

28 May 2019   #11
Steve40th

windows 7 home premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snick View Post
Open Attachment 408340 and place fixlist.txt on your desktop
Run FRST, which should still be on your desktop
Click Fix
post log please.
Unzip fixlist and put text it in FRST, then hit fix


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 May 2019   #12
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

Sorry Steve4oth,
fixlist.txt is in the zipped/compressed folder fixlist.zip because it is too large to upload as a text file. You have to extract the content of the zip/compressed folder. If you double-click on fixlist.zip it will open. extract/unzip the contents to your desktop (I believe you can drag and drop it)

In the alternative:
Here's a link to my OneDrive Fixlist.txt try this, it's not zipped/compressed, just place it on your desktop and start/run FRST. Click the Fix button (in FRST console). Be patient, it's going to take a while; there are 900+ registry entries to address.

Post log when FRST completes please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2019   #13
Steve40th

windows 7 home premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snick View Post
Sorry Steve4oth,
fixlist.txt is in the zipped/compressed folder fixlist.zip because it is too large to upload as a text file. You have to extract the content of the zip/compressed folder. If you double-click on fixlist.zip it will open. extract/unzip the contents to your desktop (I believe you can drag and drop it)

In the alternative:
Here's a link to my OneDrive Fixlist.txt try this, it's not zipped/compressed, just place it on your desktop and start/run FRST. Click the Fix button (in FRST console). Be patient, it's going to take a while; there are 900+ registry entries to address.

Post log when FRST completes please.
So just extracting it to the desktop is all I need to do, not actually cut/paste and put into box within the FRST program and then hit fix
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 May 2019   #14
Steve40th

windows 7 home premium SP1
 
 

Okay, Hope I did it right.


Attached Files
File Type: rar Fixlog.rar (96.8 KB, 1 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2019   #15
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

Yep, correct!
I'm concerned with wusa results on the uninstall attempt. Would like you to try the below bold text copy and paste to elevated/administrative Command Prompt (cmd). These are in the batch file you ran minus switch /quiet so that you will be prompted to continue but not restart. Please note the wording in the popups, not installed on your computer, wusa could not run, etc.

To do so, click in searchbox type cmd
right click it when it appears and choose run as administrator

one at a time, copy & paste below text with mouse at the cmd >
press enter, follow prompts

wusa /uninstall /KB:3137061 /norestart

wusa /uninstall /KB:3133977 /norestart
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2019   #16
Steve40th

windows 7 home premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snick View Post
Yep, correct!
I'm concerned with wusa results on the uninstall attempt. Would like you to try the below bold text copy and paste to elevated/administrative Command Prompt (cmd). These are in the batch file you ran minus switch /quiet so that you will be prompted to continue but not restart. Please note the wording in the popups, not installed on your computer, wusa could not run, etc.

To do so, click in searchbox type cmd
right click it when it appears and choose run as administrator

one at a time, copy & paste below text with mouse at the cmd >
press enter, follow prompts

wusa /uninstall /KB:3137061 /norestart

wusa /uninstall /KB:3133977 /norestart
Okay ran the CMD prompt and it stated both were not installed on computer/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2019   #17
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

That's what I was hoping for!

Original CBS.log was very short as it was compressed into a cab file when it reached approximately 50MB. Need to see more of the CBS folder, CBS.log and CBS.persist.cabs.
please run Copy CBS Folder to Desktop.bat
Here's a link to my OneDrive CBS Upload Folder with Shared Permissions, I believe you can copy and paste or drag and drop the CBS Folder, please zip/compress it before upload!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 May 2019   #18
Steve40th

windows 7 home premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snick View Post
That's what I was hoping for!

Original CBS.log was very short as it was compressed into a cab file when it reached approximately 50MB. Need to see more of the CBS folder, CBS.log and CBS.persist.cabs.
please run Attachment 408343
Here's a link to my OneDrive CBS Upload Folder with Shared Permissions, I believe you can copy and paste or drag and drop the CBS Folder, please zip/compress it before upload!
I ran the bat file, yet when I tried to drag and upload after compressing, it asked me to sign into Microsoft.
Its your account, correct?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2019   #19
arena12

windows 10x64bit.
 
 

That's why I don't update it myself,i have never been successful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2019   #20
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

Yes, I was hoping that would work, after further research both individuals have to have M$ accounts. Figures!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Update Fail




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows update fail
Hi System Model CM1730/CM1830 System Type x64-based PC Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1065T Processor, 2900 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s) Im having windows update issues, updates wont download or install. I have tried all the fixits and patches and most of the suggestions I have...
Windows Updates & Activation
windows 7 sp1 update fail
hey guys! i tried updating my windows 7 service pack using windows update and i was told fail erro 800f0829. . . i did scf /scannow and it came with a report of some corrupt files and i was told it has been automatically repaired and that it will be effective at my next reboot. . . that i did and...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712
I have an Acer Aspire Ethos laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. SP1 is installed according to system properties (came installed). Windows update was working fine until maybe June or May of this year. I have tried a number of hotfixes, several microsoft fixit (automatic normal and...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Update Fail..
I went sleeping at 23:55, left the pc on to update when i woke up today at 09:02 the update was still going... It was only 1 of 1 updates but still so weird?
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows update Fail
Hi, I have just signed up here as I'm having loads of trouble trying to install a windows update. The update is Windows 7 service pack 1 (KB976932) and I get the error code 8024200D. I have tried the System Update Readiness tool and it didnt help. Help please. :)
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:31.
Twitter Facebook