How can I activate my Windows 7 on a non-connected computer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 16,226
    7 X64
       #11

    phone activation still exists. It is a toll free number. For the US 1-888-725-1047

    not needed if you have the sense to back up the activation before reinstall

    - - - Updated - - -

    I have nvme boot on my gigabyte b75. Unfortunately, I haven't found a bios that supports nvme boot for the asus b75m plus

    booting nvme disk via pcie adapter on older machines
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 176
    Windows 7 Home Premium
       #12

    yardbird said:
    I will also try to avoid IE 11 since it obviously don't work with my beloved NHL 2004 game
    You'll be nowhere near IE11 or Edge after reinstalling Windows 7 SP1. Windows 7 SP1 comes with IE8 SP1. Also you'll find Windows Update broken by default.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 529
    Windows 7 x64 SP1
       #13

    Yardbird said:

    However, I must state that I do find Windows 7 the best of all the Microsoft OS. They should have developed it instead of coming up with Windows 8 and 10. I don't really like them.[/QUOTE]


    Got that right!

    I wonder if the repair shop might help out here? I once was unable to install windows 7 (it turned out it was a faulty installation disc), and I took it to Best Buy, where I had purchased it. They installed W7 and charged me 80.00 (a lot back then). That was when I was really clueless, instead of just somewhat clueless, as I am today:). Although the fact that the OS is so out of support may work against you there; they might have some kind of agreement with MS about it, or just not want to get involved with what looks like it could be a very complicated installation.

    I never liked calling MS either, but every time I did, it worked out, and they were very nice about it.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 350
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits
       #14

    If automatic or phone activation doesn't work then there is always the option of calling Microsoft support directly. I have done this several times. Last year I even called Microsoft support so they could help me activate Windows XP Pro on two different computers.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #15

    SIW2 said:
    phone activation still exists. It is a toll free number. For the US 1-888-725-1047

    not needed if you have the sense to back up the activation before reinstall

    - - - Updated - - -

    I have nvme boot on my gigabyte b75. Unfortunately, I haven't found a bios that supports nvme boot for the asus b75m plus

    booting nvme disk via pcie adapter on older machines
    I have a backup, I just hope that it works and that I haven't imported what problem it might be on that one.

    As for the telephone number, I live in Europe but when I reinstalled last time I was directed to some US account.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Volume Z said:
    You'll be nowhere near IE11 or Edge after reinstalling Windows 7 SP1. Windows 7 SP1 comes with IE8 SP1. Also you'll find Windows Update broken by default.
    Last time I reinstalled, I had no problem to reinstall the original OS without IE 11.
    The problems started when I was going to activate the system because IE sent me to a link which no longer exist.
    Therefore I had to choose the telephone option.

    But when I'm still at it, let's say that the shop I handled over the computer to for repair install the OS with all updates, is there some way to get rid of Microsoft Edge and replace it with some early version of Internet Explorer?

    - - - Updated - - -

    michael diemer said:
    Yardbird said:

    However, I must state that I do find Windows 7 the best of all the Microsoft OS. They should have developed it instead of coming up with Windows 8 and 10. I don't really like them.
    Got that right!

    I wonder if the repair shop might help out here? I once was unable to install windows 7 (it turned out it was a faulty installation disc), and I took it to Best Buy, where I had purchased it. They installed W7 and charged me 80.00 (a lot back then). That was when I was really clueless, instead of just somewhat clueless, as I am today:). Although the fact that the OS is so out of support may work against you there; they might have some kind of agreement with MS about it, or just not want to get involved with what looks like it could be a very complicated installation.

    I never liked calling MS either, but every time I did, it worked out, and they were very nice about it.[/QUOTE]

    I'm gonna talk to them about that as soon as they tell me about what's wrong with the computer and if a reinstallation is necessary.

    - - - Updated - - -

    MisterEd said:
    If automatic or phone activation doesn't work then there is always the option of calling Microsoft support directly. I have done this several times. Last year I even called Microsoft support so they could help me activate Windows XP Pro on two different computers.
    A good suggestion which I will try to do.

    A person on some other forum sent me a lost of telephone numbers to Microsoft which I hope can be useful.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 350
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits
       #16

    When I called Microsoft I think I may have called this number.

    United States: +1 (800) 642 7676

    Global Customer Service phone numbers
    Global Customer Service phone numbers - Microsoft Support
      My Computers


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:02.
Find Us