Windows 7 comes with TrueType fonts and OpenType fonts. They work with a variety of computers, printers, and programs.
TrueType fonts (.ttf/.ttc) can be scaled to any size and are clear and readable in all sizes. They can be sent to any printer or other output device supported by Windows.
OpenType fonts (.otf) are related to TrueType fonts, but typically incorporate a greater extension of the basic character set, such as small capitalization, old-style numerals, and more detailed shapes, such as glyph and ligatures. OpenType fonts are also clear and readable in all sizes and can be sent to any printer or other output device supported by Windows.
PostScript fonts are fonts created by Adobe Systems that are smooth, detailed, and of high quality. They are often used for printing, especially professional-quality printing, such as books or magazines.
If you need a default Windows 7 font, then please just post a request for it here, and I'll be happy to post a clean copy of it for you.
If you install a TrueType font with exactly the same name as a PostScript font on the same computer, Windows won't know which one to access, which could result in a font type being altered. To avoid this, don't install different types of fonts with the same name.
1. Download the font that you want to install. NOTE:You can download fonts from a software program, the Internet, or your organization's network. You can get free fonts from the links at Microsoft Typography - Font foundries. WARNING:Before you download a font, make sure you trust the source.
2. Right click on the font, click on Properties, click on the General tab, click on the Unblock button if there, and click on OK. (See screenshot below) NOTE:If there is not a Unblock button there, then the font has not been blocked. Continue to step 4.
3. Do step 4, 5, or 6 below for how you would like to install the font.
4. Install Font Option One
A) Right click on the downloaded font and click on Install.
B) Go to step 7.
5. Install Font Option Two
A) Double click on the downloaded font and click on the Install button. (See screeenshot below)
B) Go to step 7.
6. Install Font Option Three
A) Drag and drop the downloaded font into the Fonts Control Panel page location. (See screenshot below) NOTE:You can either navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts in Windows Explorer or open the Control Panel (icons view) and click on the Fonts icon to open the Fonts Control Panel page.
7. You can verify that the font is installed by seeing if it is listed in the Fonts Control Panel page. NOTE:You can either navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts in Windows Explorer or open the Control Panel (icons view) and click on the Fonts icon to open the Fonts Control Panel page.
System Manufacturer/Model Number HP Pavilion Slimline S3023W OS Windows 7 Beta 1 CPU AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4 GHz Memory 1 GB RAM (2 x 512) Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Sound Card Realtek HD Audio Monitor(s) Displays HP vp17 Screen Resolution 1152 x 864
Hard Drives Seagate - Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 250-GB Hard Drive
Was looking at your reply from my laptop which i installed Windows 7 and saw that I had more fonts displaying on my laptop than on my desktop pc - which only shows 9 fonts installed. But when you click and drag new fonts on my desktop setup is says that its already there and do you want to replace it. But it never shows. Looks like something has gone weird with my Windows 7 install and most of the default fonts are not displaying CRAP!
System Manufacturer/Model Number Tx2500z Tablet Pc/Homemade Server OS Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM) CPU Turion X2 ultra (oh well came with laptop)/P4 @3.2 (yes P4) Motherboard IDK HP Motherboard / Intel DG965SS Memory OCZ Dual Channel 4GB kit/ 1gb Dual Channel Graphics Card HD 3200 graphics /GMA x3100 (yay for intergrated!!) Sound Card Realtek HD Audio(mic working, well sort of)/Siig IC-70012 Monitor(s) Displays built-in Hp 12" laptop screen/ Acer 19" Screen Resolution 1280x800 /1440x900
Mouse Logi MX Rev. /MS Wheel Optical 1.1A /Logitech Optical Mouse Cooling All Air Cooled Internet Speed College baby but its still routed through vpn to 1536k... Other Info love my wacom pen and pressure sensitivity...
wished it worked in 7, SUSE for that matter though
I did enable show all in the font settings and I have show hidden files and folders checked in explorer. In 7 32bit I have lots of fonts on the list. In 64 bit only those few. As you can see from font navigator, there are 504 fonts installed. In font folder properties there are 719 files.