How to Create and Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 7 and Windows 8
Sticky Notes allows you to type and leave a Post-it type note on your desktop until deleted.
This tutorial will show you how to create and delete Sticky Notes in Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Sticky Notes is not available in the Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic editions.
To Create a Sticky Note
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type stikynot, and press Enter.
2. Type in your message, and move the Sticky Note to where you like it to be displayed on the desktop. (See screenshot below) NOTE:It will remain there until you delete it.
3. To Resize the Sticky Note
A) Click/tap and hold on the arrow tab at the bottom right corner, or move the mouse point to the edge of an existing Sticky Note until it turn into a double arrow, and drag the Sticky Note to the size you want it to be. (See screenshot below)
B) Move the mouse pointer over any one of the borders of the sticky note itself until the pointer turns into a double arrow, then drag the border back and forth to adjust it's width or hight to how you like.
4. To Create another New Sticky Note
A) Click/tap on the + sign at the top left corner of an existing Sticky Note, or press Ctrl+N, to open another new blank Stick Note. (See screenshot below)
B) Repeat steps 2 and 3 above.
To Delete a Sticky Note
1. Click/tap on the X sign at the top right corner of an existing Sticky Note, or press Ctrl+D, to delete that Sticky Note. (See screenshot below)
2. Click/tap on Yes to confirm deletion. (See screenshot below)
System Manufacturer/Model Number Lenovo Thinkpad T400 OS Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit CPU Intel P8400 Core2Duo Memory 3GB Graphics Card ATI Mobile Monitor(s) Displays External Dell E228WFP Screen Resolution 1280x800
System Manufacturer/Model Number Self-Built OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 CPU Wolfdale Core 2 Duo E8400 Motherboard Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Memory 8GB PC2 6400 Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX Sound Card Realtek 5.1 audio Monitor(s) Displays Samsung 23" widescreen Screen Resolution 2048x1152
Keyboard Logitech wireless keyboard Mouse Logitech G5 gaming mouse PSU Corsair 650W Case Antec 900 Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Hard Drives Seagate 640GB 7200 RPM SATA Internet Speed 3 Mbps DSL Other Info Built in December 2008 for US$985
Yes, it's useful but what I don't like is that when you have one or more sticky notes active, then you have an icon called "Sticky Notes" in the taskbar. IF I ever want to know or see if I have any notes all I have to do is go to Show Desktop.