Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after nvidia driver crash.

08 Mar 2016   #1
tavidoru

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
BSOD after nvidia driver crash.

Hello,

So as in the title I have a problem with the nvidia drivers or the GPU.
The problem appeared 5 days ago I have tried installing Win7 and Win10 the problem did not go away.
I did like 10 drivers clean installations, tried all versions of it.

I have the dump files from yesterday and today and have attached them with the diagnose app from the instructions thread.
Hope someone can help.

Regards,
Tavi


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Mar 2016   #2
tavidoru

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hello,

So I have been massing around with the drivers and registry files, downloaded a repair tool for the registry and installed the newest nvidia driver and it is more stable now. "The driver not responding and has recovered " comes back up 80% of the time and the rest 20% the monitor is not getting signal.

Can this be a PSU problem? after a crash when I dont get signal to the monitor, when I try to shut down the PC and start it again , the fan on the GPU is at 100% and I get no signal, if I unplug the power cord and plug it back in after 1 min it works fine.

Dose anyone have any clue on what can be wrong?

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2016   #3
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

You are running an ASUS oem_slp Product ID (PID) on an ASUS retail board.
This makes your installation counterfeit.
Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
Code:
OS Configuration:          Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner:          Tavi
Registered Organization:   
Product ID:                00426-OEM-8992662-00173 <-- ASUS oem_slp PID on ASUS retail board
Original Install Date:     3/6/2016, 12:13:46 PM
System Boot Time:          3/8/2016, 8:02:15 PM
System Manufacturer:       System manufacturer
I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Mar 2016   #4
tavidoru

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi,

I have genuine version of win 8 I just installed win7 and & to check if it fixes the problem.
Will get back when I install genuine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after nvidia driver crash.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD After Driver Update CRASH nVidia GTX970, Safe mode works
I first had a random crash, i suspected because too many usb devices had been plugged in. Then another crash during driver update (Nvidia GTX 970). Getting BSOD of different titles a few seconds after login ever since, sometimes immediately after one or two startup programms crash since. ...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD After Driver Update CRASH nVidia GTX970, Safe mode works
delete please accidental double thread start
BSOD Help and Support
Nvidia GeForce GT 630 - driver crash
Hi, I have this video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 630 It happens occasionally that the driver get a crash error (often it happens when I resume the PC from standby/sleep). Screenshots: http://s3.postimg.org/u7yuu33hv/Appunti01.png http://s4.postimg.org/zf3mdbcrh/Appunti02.png In English,...
Graphic Cards
METRO 2033 Crash, Driver 301.42 Nvidia
So today i uninstalled previous 296 drivers, and updated to the 301.42 drivers, never had a problem before, but now when i run the game or the benchmark both my screens just go black, i have to ctrl + alt + del to get back to desktop, I have tried a number of fixes, i know its not my PSU, i ran...
Gaming
NVIDIA video driver crash
My in game graphics on almost all games is weird and screwed up, i got this error twice: http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s198/Narutard21/error.png AND
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:21.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App