Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Dell 922 (All In One) not compatible with Win 7, help!

09 Nov 2009   #21
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by northstar999 View Post
I had windows vista 32 bit and used my dell aio922 printer with R151371.exe from dell.
When i upgraded to windows 7 i used the same windows vista compat. software from dell, but i i got an error printer cannot communicate with computer when attempting to print something? I even removed the printer from device driver and reinstalled with windows vista sp2 compatability turned ON. Does anyone have a solution for this problem or know if there is a solution?
I even tried using windows update but it got hung and never came back.


Andrew
Same problem I'm having but my printer is the "Dell All in one A960". Prints fine but no way to print accross the network, however when I restart the machine that I'm network printing from the printer then picks up the print job from Que and prints it. I even got the peer to peer to work but still it would not print accross the network.

I wonder if there is a seperate patch for my A960...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Nov 2009   #22
northstar999

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I used the printer clean up utility as you suggested, did reboot and reran r15137.exe and still i get printer cannot communicate with pc turn on bi directional communication in printer properties. But i did that and when i come back and check if its still configured, its not!? i cant understand why i make the configuration settings and it wont hold?

Andrew
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #23
northstar999

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Ok, i went into printer properties and found i had to select another port. I need more than one port to be able to have bidirectional communication. I have that now but the printer is still not talking to the pc? Any ideas now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Nov 2009   #24
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by northstar999 View Post
Ok, i went into printer properties and found i had to select another port. I need more than one port to be able to have bidirectional communication. I have that now but the printer is still not talking to the pc? Any ideas now?
When you restarted after running the cleanup utility did you make sure to disconnect the internet to prevent Win7 from downloading and installing its own drivers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #25
northstar999

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Dell 922 (All In One) not compatible with Win 7?

Ok, i did the clean up and install twice and i finally got it to work. The weird thing was i let windows update do it and i didnt use the dell software but the darn things worked. I thought it wouldnt but it did?

Thanks to all those that posted here to help me. I really appreciate it you guys!

Andrew
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #26
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by northstar999 View Post
Ok, i did the clean up and install twice and i finally got it to work. The weird thing was i let windows update do it and i didnt use the dell software but the darn things worked. I thought it wouldnt but it did?

Thanks to all those that posted here to help me. I really appreciate it you guys!

Andrew
I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the fix working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #27
northstar999

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

In my last few posts i fixed my computer with windows 7 32 bit and my aio 922 printer works. But i didnt mention that i have a new laptop that came with windows vista 64 bit OS. I would like to be able to use my Dell 922 printer as well but i noticed there is only a windows vista 32 bit driver and windows XP all. I tried all of them and none worked? Anyone have any ideas if i can still use this printer with my new laptop?
andrew
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #28
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by northstar999 View Post
In my last few posts i fixed my computer with windows 7 32 bit and my aio 922 printer works. But i didnt mention that i have a new laptop that came with windows vista 64 bit OS. I would like to be able to use my Dell 922 printer as well but i noticed there is only a windows vista 32 bit driver and windows XP all. I tried all of them and none worked? Anyone have any ideas if i can still use this printer with my new laptop?
andrew
Did you try this one? To be safe, disconnect the internet after you download the driver. Make sure that the printer is not already listed in the control panel, and repeat the process that you did for the 32 bit Win7. Post back with your results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #29
northstar999

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Windows 7 -32/64 bit dell 922 solutions worked!

Aha! You guys are good, real good.
I tried it and it worked!
Thanks so much for the help.
Now i have a post for windows vista, to windows 7 for both 32 and 64 bit computers using the dell aio 922 printer to share with others.
Thank you for your assistance.
The printer will now print under windows 7, 32 and 64 bit OS's

andrew
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2009   #30
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by northstar999 View Post
Aha! You guys are good, real good.
I tried it and it worked!
Thanks so much for the help.
Now i have a post for windows vista, to windows 7 for both 32 and 64 bit computers using the dell aio 922 printer to share with others.
Thank you for your assistance.
The printer will now print under windows 7, 32 and 64 bit OS's

andrew
Glad to hear it Andrew. For summary purposes, would you mind listing what steps you had to take to get the 64 bit and 32 bit versions working? A list with links would be great!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Dell 922 (All In One) not compatible with Win 7, help!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dell Photo 926 and Windows 7 32-Bit -- Compatible?
Sorry .. I posted this also under Hardware and Devices .. not sure what category it fits best under... I recently performed a clean install of Windows 7 32-Bit and noticed when I installed my Dell Photo 926 printer software / drivers, that an error message came up during the install stating...
Drivers
Dell Data restore windows seven home premium Dell inspiron n5110?
Friends, I have dell inspiron n5110. It had geniune windows 7 home premium. There was dell data restore option in F8 boot menu option to restore my windows. a week ago i installed new windows 7. i didnt deleted recovery partition on my computer but there in no more option of dell data restore...
Backup and Restore
AMD Phenom II x4 940 compatible with Dell Zino 410?
Is the Phenom II x4 940 compatible with the Dell Zino 410 computer? Thanks
Hardware & Devices
is GTS 450 compatible with Dell Optiplex 780
just as the title says . i just want to know if nvidia geforce gts 450 is compatible w/ my dell optiplex 780 here are the specifications of my desktop. MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz Manufacturer Kingston
Graphic Cards
Is Dell dimension E520 compatible with ATI RADEON HD 4350 graphics crd
Any information would be much appreciated ;)
Graphic Cards
Need Compatible Graphics Card for New Dell
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kind of Graphics Card I could get for my new Dell computer... I didn't realize when I got it (A week ago) but the graphics card pretty much sucks. The windows rating for my display and gaming are 1.0-- The lowest! So, I figure I may as...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App