Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: clean install

23 Feb 2010   #1
firmin

windows 7 32 bit and windows vista 64 bit
 
 
clean install

i have my network, sound,video, sata,graphics and modem drivers. i just want to know what other drivers are necessary for my clean install and whats the difference between a clean install and an installation on a partition. honestly i dont want to make a mistake cause my pc diddnt come with a win vista cd or a documents and drivers cd so i have to be spot on with this. and one more thing the drivers i do not have can i install them later?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Feb 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by firmin View Post
i have my network, sound,video, sata,graphics and modem drivers. i just want to know what other drivers are necessary for my clean install and whats the difference between a clean install and an installation on a partition. honestly i dont want to make a mistake cause my pc diddnt come with a win vista cd or a documents and drivers cd so i have to be spot on with this. and one more thing the drivers i do not have can i install them later?
BIOS, usb, Keyboard and mouse.



Clean install means formatiting the partition and install. Also means you will have to reinstall all your app.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2010   #3
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Hope that I can help. The first time that I did a clean install was in October. I had the same concerns as you. I resolved my problems in several ways. I asked many question from members of this forum. Two in particular were very generous with their time and knowledge. I hope that I can seve that purpose for you.

In addition, I cheated, I went to Youtube and watched the procedure several time. When the time came for me to install, I felt like I did it 100 times already.

Window 7 is very good with drivers. I installed while on line and all the drivers were installed and I was ready to go. I am not expecting much in the way of problems for you.

Think about it, ask quesions and decide what is best for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Feb 2010   #4
firmin

windows 7 32 bit and windows vista 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by firmin View Post
i have my network, sound,video, sata,graphics and modem drivers. i just want to know what other drivers are necessary for my clean install and whats the difference between a clean install and an installation on a partition. honestly i dont want to make a mistake cause my pc diddnt come with a win vista cd or a documents and drivers cd so i have to be spot on with this. and one more thing the drivers i do not have can i install them later?
BIOS, usb, Keyboard and mouse.



Clean install means formatiting the partition and install. Also means you will have to reinstall all your app.
how do i know what bios im running?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2010   #5
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

What Operating system are you running now? If you watch closely upon startup it will list the bios version as it goes through the startup screens.Usualy at the bottom lefthand corner. If you already have Window Seven installed you can simply type sys info in the search box then click on systen information it will show your bios manufacturer and sometimes you'll need to hold the mouse over that so it extends the information box , it will show the version and date their. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2010   #6
firmin

windows 7 32 bit and windows vista 64 bit
 
 

ok check it out....um i cant find drivers for my mouse....its a gateway mouse and gateway has nothing on it. help anyone its model is moakuo. no bios iether.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2010   #7
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Here is some information on the mouse.

Vista, Mouse, Tears. - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you are going to try any of the downloads, make sure that they are virus free.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2010   #8
CassieFWinTeam

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

You can either do a custom install which will wipe your hard drive, or you can choose to upgrade to Windows 7, preserving your programs and settings. Here is more information on your options of the custom installation, or the upgrade: Upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows. In either case, it is always good to backup to an external hard drive before making OS changes.

Regarding the Vista CD, you will need a CD to reinstall Windows Vista if you need do so. In order to obtain a new cd, visit: How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals

Good luck!

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #9
firmin

windows 7 32 bit and windows vista 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Here is some information on the mouse.

Vista, Mouse, Tears. - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you are going to try any of the downloads, make sure that they are virus free.
yeah been there. no new info. but if anyone can help me with my bios that'd be good. currently i am running an AMI A7399NG2.202. If anyone has a link that'd help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #10
firmin

windows 7 32 bit and windows vista 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CassieFWinTeam View Post
You can either do a custom install which will wipe your hard drive, or you can choose to upgrade to Windows 7, preserving your programs and settings. Here is more information on your options of the custom installation, or the upgrade: Upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows. In either case, it is always good to backup to an external hard drive before making OS changes.

Regarding the Vista CD, you will need a CD to reinstall Windows Vista if you need do so. In order to obtain a new cd, visit: How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals

Good luck!

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
im not from the us so thats out of the question.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 clean install




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How can I do a clean erase of my SSD to clean install Windows 7?
I think I have a virus or malware and have been unable to get rid of it after many tries, and I am having multiple problems with this home built computer running Windows 7Pro 64bit. I installed a retail version of Windows 7Pro 64bit and I have my original installation disk. I want to do a clean...
Installation & Setup
Clean install vs System image file install?
Could someone tell me if a re-install from a system image file on my notebook is as good as a clean install from say a retail disk. I can not format all my drive and start a fresh. Can my System image file become glitchy or infected with a virus.???:huh:
Installation & Setup
Clean Install of Win7 - Wipe Hard Drive Clean
Hi Folks, I just did a clean install of Win7 and must have done something wrong. I found a file called Windows.old.:confused: I would like to wipe my hard drive completely clean and then install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Home Premium. How do I accomplish this task? It's a good time to...
Installation & Setup
No Drives Found in W7 install, trying clean install on HP DV4 1228CA
Hi all, I'd appreciate any help I can get on this, my laptop hdd died a few days ago and I've been pulling my hair out trying to install w7 on a brand new HDD i bought. Specs: HP Pavilion DV4 1228CA Systemboard ID 30FB AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Mobile RM 72 4Gigs of RAM DDR2 BIos F55...
Installation & Setup
Boot config not working, tried clean install, can't install windows 7
My spouses pc all of a sudden wouldn't boot, not into safe mode or anything (vista), and so we were going to upgrade anyways to windows 7, so i bought the upgrade windows 7 and attempted to do a clean install and reformatted the c: drive which has 250gb, and each time i start the install it bogs...
Installation & Setup
Clean install to replace existing windows 7 install
I'm looking to buy a new laptop, seen a few models I like and they all come with windows 7 pre-installed. Problem is they all also come with a dozen or so pre-installed pieces of freeware/shareware/trial software that I have no use for and don't want and I would like to do a clean install of...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App