|22 Feb 2011||#4|
Copied from the site above
MSN Messenger Error Code - 80048820
When you try and launch MSN Messenger and try to logon, you get an error message 80048820. A wild guess, your system time / date needs adjusting.
The Cause of Code 80048820
There are a variety of causes of this error:
1) Incorrect Proxy Setting for Internet Explorer.
2) softpub.dll may have become unregistered.
3) Your system clock may be showing an incorrect time (or date!).
4) Firewall problems.
The Solutions to MSN Error Code 80048820
Internet Explorer - Try removing Internet Explorer proxy server settings and go with the 'Automatically detect settings'.
1) Launch Internet Explorer, click "Tools" and then click Internet Options. From the Internet Options dialog box, go to the Connections tab. Click LAN Setting. Un check the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox. Finally positively tick: 'Automatically detect settings'.
2) Register softpub.dll.
Click Start (Button), and then click Run, type regsvr32 softpub.dll. Restart MSN Messenger.
3) If necessary, logon as a local administrator, set the computer's clock to the correct date and time. (Check on the internet if possible.)
4) Turn off the firewall temporarily. Check firewall settings such as Norton: "Block access to secure sites". If this cures the problem, make sure that Microsoft's MSN Messenger is allowed full access through your firewall.
If you are using a ‘NETGEAR Wirelss Router’ you will need to enter tthe ‘Netgear’ router set-up settings page, via internet Explorer.
1.Enter IP address 192.168.0.1 on the address bar.
2.Log on via your user name and password of your ISP.
3. Enter Admin, password
4.GOTO advance menu (left hand side of screen)
5.GOTO WAN set-up
6.GOTO MTU size, and change to 1400
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Sign in to IE8
I recently upgraded from Vista to 7 pretty uneventfully. Everything is pretty much working as before except for one, relatively minor but annoying issue. I have IE, currently IE8, set to go to my.msn.com as my home page. Before the upgrade, it would automatically sign me in, so I would see my...
|Browsers & Mail|
.....sign in to YouTube......
WTF is this?? You will no longer be able to sign in to YouTube without a Google Account. Does anybody have this message ?? Is there a way to delete a Utube accaunt with all its content I don't need it anymore.
I just having one heck of a time signing out, as well as singing in. I`m signing as "mals" which I got from my email. Now I`m afraid to sign out as I don`t where to sign in. Now here is example of " There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them."
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:33.