Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Small (unreadable) font in old legacy application

17 May 2017   #11
cherrycomp8088

Windows 7 pro 64 bit, Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
 
 

Quote:
Hi there, very small world! You're using Keystone for your key management system. I came across your post on Google, because I was having the same issue. I had an assumption that the application was defaulting to another font on the 64-bit operating systems. Sure enough, I compared the installation with a 32-bit OS and its 64-bit variant.

If you look on one of your 32-bit computers with Keystone installed, open the Windows Fonts folder.

You should see two fonts named: BL Sans Serif Regular and Small Regular.

Export each font by right clicking each one, click copy, and paste it to another location (i.e. flash drive or desktop).

Copy the two font files to the 64-bit OS and install them. Re-open Keystone and your font tabs and the detailed tabs at the bottom of the program should be easier to read!

Hope this helps!
Didn't work. I couldn't find the BL Sans Serif Regular on the 32-bit PC, so I went ahead and copied the entire Fonts folder from the 32-bit PC to a 64-bit and still no luck

Is there somewhere in the OS I need to set the font to Small Regular? I tried setting all my defaults to that in Personilization but still nothing.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 May 2017   #12
Nixaura

Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32-bit/64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cherrycomp8088 View Post
Didn't work. I couldn't find the BL Sans Serif Regular on the 32-bit PC, so I went ahead and copied the entire Fonts folder from the 32-bit PC to a 64-bit and still no luck

Is there somewhere in the OS I need to set the font to Small Regular? I tried setting all my defaults to that in Personilization but still nothing.
Interesting... do you have a 32-bit VM you can install Keystone on? You may have a newer or older version than me. Once you install Keystone, go to the Fonts folder and change the view to Detail. Right click one of the column headers and add the Date Modified column. Sort by the Date Modified column and see if new fonts were installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2017   #13
cherrycomp8088

Windows 7 pro 64 bit, Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
 
 

Quote:
Interesting... do you have a 32-bit VM you can install Keystone on? You may have a newer or older version than me. Once you install Keystone, go to the Fonts folder and change the view to Detail. Right click one of the column headers and add the Date Modified column. Sort by the Date Modified column and see if new fonts were installed.
It's Keystone ver 3.53 (ancient - circa 1998).

The Small Fonts Regular definitely copied over and is there. It's even an option in Windows Personalization. I'm just not sure if there's a font type I need to assign that font to, and if so, where?

Thanks for your input!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 May 2017   #14
Nixaura

Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32-bit/64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cherrycomp8088 View Post
It's Keystone ver 3.53 (ancient - circa 1998).

The Small Fonts Regular definitely copied over and is there. It's even an option in Windows Personalization. I'm just not sure if there's a font type I need to assign that font to, and if so, where?

Thanks for your input!
You're using a way older version than we are. Let me find the installer and I'll extract the BL Sans Serif Regular font you're missing and see if that fixes it. I'll update with a new link shortly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2017   #15
Nixaura

Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32-bit/64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cherrycomp8088 View Post
It's Keystone ver 3.53 (ancient - circa 1998).

The Small Fonts Regular definitely copied over and is there. It's even an option in Windows Personalization. I'm just not sure if there's a font type I need to assign that font to, and if so, where?

Thanks for your input!
I uploaded the font files to my Dropbox folder:

Dropbox - Public Folder

Give that a try.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2017   #16
cherrycomp8088

Windows 7 pro 64 bit, Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
 
 

Quote:
I uploaded the font files to my Dropbox folder:

Dropbox - Public Folder

Give that a try. 1 Hour Ago 13:56
I couldn't import the fonts. Says they are not valid font files. They're from a Win 7 machine?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2017   #17
Nixaura

Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32-bit/64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cherrycomp8088 View Post
I couldn't import the fonts. Says they are not valid font files. They're from a Win 7 machine?
What error are you receiving? Try double clicking each one and clicking the Install button in the upper left hand corner.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2017   #18
cherrycomp8088

Windows 7 pro 64 bit, Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
 
 

Quote:
What error are you receiving? Try double clicking each one and clicking the Install button in the upper left hand corner.
When I click the .fon files I get the attached error. Tried on another PC and same error.


Attached Images
Small (unreadable) font in old legacy application-fonterror2.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2017   #19
cherrycomp8088

Windows 7 pro 64 bit, Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
 
 

Quote:
What error are you receiving? Try double clicking each one and clicking the Install button in the upper left hand corner.
GOT IT!!!

For some reason my PC and the other one are having problems importing .fon files (I probably hosed them with all my testing)

But I just tried it on 2 other PCs and it works!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2017   #20
Nixaura

Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32-bit/64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cherrycomp8088 View Post
GOT IT!!!

For some reason my PC and the other one are having problems importing .fon files (I probably hosed them with all my testing)

But I just tried it on 2 other PCs and it works!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
Glad it worked out! Save a copy of those font files. I'll be removing my shared dropbox folder
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Small (unreadable) font in old legacy application




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Running Legacy Application
Currently running Windows 7 Ultimate. I am trying to run a legacy application made for XP, right clicked on the installer and checked off to run in compatibility mode however after trying to install the application, I was met with several different error messages pertaining to missing dll's etc. ...
Software
Legacy Application use without XP mode
We currently use an XP legacy program that is not compatible with windows 7 or 8 period. We fell into one of those categories of companies that don't have a good resolution to an issue. Thanks Microsoft! Anyway, at one point we've been using XP mode to accomplish this take but now that XP is no...
Software
Very Small Font On Desktop
Graphics Card Gainward Nvidia Gforce GTS 460. Monitor LG W2486l Flatron. When I right click on the desk top (or an icon) the font is very small. I would like to increase the size of the font but not the icons as they are fine. I don't know if I altered something on the monitor or the graphics card,...
Graphic Cards
Connectivity - Legacy vb6 dcom client / server application
I am new to this site and not sure if this where I should be... I am debugging connectivity with a legacy vb6 activex dcom application using windows 7 pro 32 bit as the client. The client has been running under 2000 and xp with no issues for years, and am now attempting to use windows 7 pro...
System Security
cmd font size too small
my resolution is 1680 x 1050 the font size is at smaller (100%) but everything else has a normal size..easy to read..in the command prompt windows i can barely see the text.. can i do something to make the text bigger in cmd..without modifying my resolution..or the text size for the entire...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App