New Month New Security Updates- so how bad were they?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,219
    Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
       #1

    New Month New Security Updates- so how bad were they?


    Good bad or whatever but did you have any problems with any of them?
    I have not done mine yet but I would like to know which ones might have given you problems
    thanks
    robin
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,219
    Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
    Thread Starter
       #2

    now this is interesting, when I go to each one it comes up with "Oops" the page you are looking for may have a new location" huh?
      My Computer


  3. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #3

    robinb9 said:
    now this is interesting, when I go to each one it comes up with "Oops" the page you are looking for may have a new location" huh?
    "Oops" is always like that early patch Tuesday. You'll have to wait couple of hours to have working links.

    Anyway...Done all the security updates including the one for IE , MSRT and so far no probs at reboot. .

    Waiting "Oops" page to be valid to install the two other update (kb2966583 & kb2973337)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,219
    Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
    Thread Starter
       #4

    yes I would like to know what the updates are for also, guess I will wait till later this afternoon
      My Computer


  5. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #5

    By The Way...

    I got that security update through WU: Microsoft Security Advisory: Registry update to improve credentials protection and management for Windows-based systems that have the 2919355 update installed: July 8, 2014 but can't seems to find the kb2919355 on my windows 7 x64bits.

    The above link kb Article ID: 2973351 seems to involve registry settings for Restricted Admin mode which it does not appear to be configured in my registry settings

    The default behavior for Restricted Admin mode changed in Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows RT 8.1. By default, Restricted Admin mode is now turned off, and you have to enable it again after you install update 2973351 or 2975625 if it is required. Previously, Restricted Admin mode was turned on by default.

    To configure the Restricted Admin registry setting, add a DWORD value that is named DisableRestrictedAdmin to the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa


    To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
    3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    4. Type DisableRestrictedAdmin for the name of the DWORD value, and then press Enter.
    5. Right-click DisableRestrictedAdmin, and then click Modify.

      • To disable Restricted Admin mode, type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
      • To enable Restricted Admin mode, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
    6. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
    Does some have it configured?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 23
    7 Home Premium x64
       #6

    I've been wondering the same thing. Because I don't have that update as well, and I'm not sure if I need to update these new updates if I don't have that one. So...I'm not sure what to do.
      My Computer


  7. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #7

    FairyLunar said:

    I've been wondering the same thing. Because I don't have that update as well, and I'm not sure if I need to update these new updates if I don't have that one. So...I'm not sure what to do.
    Welcome to SevenForums,

    If you don't have it (kb2919355) through automated Windows Update, you might not need it.

    I got only kb2973351 with WU today, but remain the registry setting and that i do not have kb2919355 installed....which is dedicated to Windows 8.1 & Windows Server 2012 R2.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 23
    7 Home Premium x64
       #8

    Thank you. <3 :'D

    Ahh I see. So should I ignore/hide the updates that says "for systems with KB2919355"? And if I download them, what do you think will happen?
      My Computer


  9. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #9

    FairyLunar said:

    Thank you. <3 :'D

    Ahh I see. So should I ignore/hide the updates that says "for systems with KB2919355"? And if I download them, what do you think will happen?
    That's not what i said for kb2973351!
    You should always install security updates.


    If you're not using the appropriate operating system, i doubt you could install that kb2919355 update.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 23
    7 Home Premium x64
       #10

    NoN said:
    FairyLunar said:

    Thank you. <3 :'D

    Ahh I see. So should I ignore/hide the updates that says "for systems with KB2919355"? And if I download them, what do you think will happen?
    That's not what i said for kb2973351!
    You should always install security updates.


    If you're not using the appropriate operating system, i doubt you could install that kb2919355 update.
    Sorry for misunderstanding! D: Well, I have windows 7. And isn't 2919355 has something to do with windows 8?
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:05.
Find Us