How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8

Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 75838485868795 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 33
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64b ServicePack1
       #841

    I worked through this thread because I discovered that my Windows 7 pc had not been Updating since october last year and that was around the time I tried Windows 10 (and returned to Windows 7 by way of an Acronis image)
    I started the updates and it looked like Windows update hung. I tried all sorts of things that did not work and finaly selected only the oldest updates (some 5) and let the Update run all night. In the morning they had been installed.
    I continued installing in batches - it took 3 hours - 2 hours ....

    Meanwhile I have been reading this thread and I made a list of all the Updates that should not be installed (taken from severall posts here and arranged by number:
    KB2506928 ((post 103) –
    KB2592687 (post 103)
    KB 2660075 (post 103)
    KB2726535 (post 103)
    KB2876229 SKYPE
    KB2923545
    KB2952664
    KB2970228
    KB2976978
    KB2977728
    KB2978092
    KB2990214 (post 121 update van Windows Update
    KB2994023 Deleted again!
    KB2999226>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Not found here but on another forum
    KB3021917
    KB3022345
    KB3035583
    KB3044374
    KB3050265 post 120 : fixes other issues? post 121 update for Windows Update
    KB 3065987
    KB3068708 Not present
    KB3075249
    KB3075851
    KB3080149
    KB3083324
    KB3083710
    KB3112343

    KB2999226 is the only one that I didn't find here but in another forum


    The only one I left out of the list is KB3102810 which Jelson includes in his list.
    I only received this update after having installed all other updates and it says nothing about Windows 10 but seems to solve the issue that I have.

    Jelson mentions :
    KB 3102810 - Nov '15 - WUC: fixes slow updates & high CPU usage (doesn't replace any previous updates)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 42
    Win7 Ult x64
       #842

    Amazone said:
    I worked through this thread because I discovered that my Windows 7 pc had not been Updating since october last year and that was around the time I tried Windows 10 (and returned to Windows 7 by way of an Acronis image)
    I started the updates and it looked like Windows update hung. I tried all sorts of things that did not work and finaly selected only the oldest updates (some 5) and let the Update run all night. In the morning they had been installed.
    I continued installing in batches - it took 3 hours - 2 hours ....

    Meanwhile I have been reading this thread and I made a list of all the Updates that should not be installed (taken from severall posts here and arranged by number:
    KB2506928 ((post 103)
    KB2592687 (post 103)
    KB 2660075 (post 103)
    KB2726535 (post 103)
    KB2876229 SKYPE
    KB2923545
    KB2952664
    KB2970228
    KB2976978
    KB2977728
    KB2978092
    KB2990214 (post 121 update van Windows Update
    KB2994023 Deleted again!
    KB2999226>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Not found here but on another forum
    KB3021917
    KB3022345
    KB3035583
    KB3044374
    KB3050265 post 120 : fixes other issues? post 121 update for Windows Update
    KB 3065987
    KB3068708 Not present
    KB3075249
    KB3075851
    KB3080149
    KB3083324
    KB3083710
    KB3112343

    KB2999226 is the only one that I didn't find here but in another forum


    The only one I left out of the list is KB3102810 which Jelson includes in his list.
    I only received this update after having installed all other updates and it says nothing about Windows 10 but seems to solve the issue that I have.

    Jelson mentions :
    KB 3102810 - Nov '15 - WUC: fixes slow updates & high CPU usage (doesn't replace any previous updates)
    Nice work there!

    I hid KB2999226 as well: simply because it's the "Windows 10 Universal CRT" -- Visual C runtime built into W10 -- and my understanding is it's only needed so far by W10 metro apps. So... until I've got a program that needs it...

    Re: KB3102810 it's a good idea to install it if you've installed any of the other WUC updates released since last April or you otherwise find that WU is not working well for you.

    Why did I hid them all? I certainly don't know how much W10 upgrade voodoo is baked into any of those WUC updates -- and M$ has completely lost my trust... they've crossed the line with this GWX push.

    So far... WU is working just like it always has for me (even though the process does use about 1.5+ GB of RAM when it's running.)
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 33
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64b ServicePack1
       #843

    Since all my work (started thursday ended saturday evening) WU is working normal again here too.

    For a friend I upgraded a Windows 8 pc to Windows 10. There also there were severe WU problems. Even worse because on Windows 10 you have no say over the Updates and they start when you want to close down the pc. I got it solved there by letting the machine run for severall days.
    Looks like at one point Windows Update had a problem. Strange that you don' get warned about it by Microsoft.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,606
    Windows `10 Professional 64bit
       #844

    Amazone said:
    Since all my work (started thursday ended saturday evening) WU is working normal again here too.

    For a friend I upgraded a Windows 8 pc to Windows 10. There also there were severe WU problems. Even worse because on Windows 10 you have no say over the Updates and they start when you want to close down the pc. I got it solved there by letting the machine run for severall days.
    Looks like at one point Windows Update had a problem. Strange that you don' get warned about it by Microsoft.
    Strange?

    I don't think so.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4,752
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
       #845

    jadinolf said:
    Amazone said:
    Since all my work (started thursday ended saturday evening) WU is working normal again here too.

    For a friend I upgraded a Windows 8 pc to Windows 10. There also there were severe WU problems. Even worse because on Windows 10 you have no say over the Updates and they start when you want to close down the pc. I got it solved there by letting the machine run for severall days.
    Looks like at one point Windows Update had a problem. Strange that you don' get warned about it by Microsoft.
    Strange?

    I don't think so
    .
    The more I read about Win 10, the more I love Win 7.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,797
    Win 7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 Pro, Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (All 64-Bit)
       #846

    Another junk one to stick on the list:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3123862
    Vague details and no file descriptions yet. It's optional at the moment but expect a switch to recommended within the next couple weeks!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,606
    Windows `10 Professional 64bit
       #847

    I will fight to the death to prevent them from sneaking it onto my computer.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 9,615
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #848

    Brds7t7 said:
    Another junk one to stick on the list:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3123862
    Vague details and no file descriptions yet. It's optional at the moment but expect a switch to recommended within the next couple weeks!
    That's three of them M$py has tried to sneak in this week.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 757
    Win10 Pro 64-bit
       #849

    Something screwy is going on. Every time I try to update now, I get an immediate error (yes, I forgot to write the number down) that only gets fixed after I run a 294KB MS download called "WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab".
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 9,615
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #850

    Amazone said:
    That's three of them M$py has tried to sneak in this week.
    Jeannie - where they in my list already????

    Brds7to7 - thanks - I added it to my list!

    KB2506928 ((post 103)
    KB2592687 (post 103)
    KB 2660075 (post 103)
    KB2726535 (post 103)
    KB2876229 SKYPE
    KB2923545
    KB2952664
    KB2970228
    KB2976978
    KB2977728
    KB2978092
    KB2990214 (post 121 update van Windows Update
    KB2994023 Deleted again!
    KB2999226>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Not found here but on another forum
    KB3021917
    KB3022345
    KB3035583
    KB3044374
    KB3050265 post 120 : fixes other issues? post 121 update for Windows Update
    KB 3065987
    KB3068708 Not present
    KB3075249
    KB3075851
    KB3080149
    KB3083324
    KB3083710
    KB3112343
    KB3123862>>>>>>>>>>>added this weeks - thx Brds7t7
    Two of them were; I don't remember what the third one was.
      My Computer


 
Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 75838485868795 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.
Find Us