Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: does w7 updater check every boots or every day?

01 Apr 2010   #11
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

I have found that that the updater checks once a day, based upon certain conditions.Verify the time of the last check and then check again in 48 hours, If the upadater checked at least once you are ok. It has nothing to do with boot.

With the release of Windows Me in 2000, Microsoft introduced Automatic Updates as a replacement for the Critical Update Notification tool. Unlike its predecessor, Automatic Updates includes the ability to download and install updates without using a web browser. Instead of the five minute schedule used by its predecessor, the Automatic Updates client checks the Windows Update servers once a day. The user is given the option to download available updates then prompt the user to install them, or to notify the user prior to downloading any available updates. After Windows Me is installed, the user is prompted via a notification balloon to configure the Automatic Updates client.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Apr 2010   #12
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Ty so much for the rep. It is appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2010   #13
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
I have found that that the updater checks once a day, based upon certain conditions.Verify the time of the last check and then check again in 48 hours, If the upadater checked at least once you are ok. It has nothing to do with boot.

With the release of Windows Me in 2000, Microsoft introduced Automatic Updates as a replacement for the Critical Update Notification tool. Unlike its predecessor, Automatic Updates includes the ability to download and install updates without using a web browser. Instead of the five minute schedule used by its predecessor, the Automatic Updates client checks the Windows Update servers once a day. The user is given the option to download available updates then prompt the user to install them, or to notify the user prior to downloading any available updates. After Windows Me is installed, the user is prompted via a notification balloon to configure the Automatic Updates client.
thanks
my xp checks every boots for updates
i will check my w7 tomorrow and i willl tell you
thanks again
have a great day
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Apr 2010   #14
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Based upon what I read, and what I have seen on my computer it has nothing to do with boot. Wait 48 hours to check. Based upon what I read, the schedule is set for every 24 hours, but may be less depending on cirucmstances. One circumstance is if the machine is off. So wait 48 hours. If the update checked once you are ok.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #15
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Based upon what I read, and what I have seen on my computer it has nothing to do with boot. Wait 48 hours to check. Based upon what I read, the schedule is set for every 24 hours, but may be less depending on cirucmstances. One circumstance is if the machine is off. So wait 48 hours. If the update checked once you are ok.
maybe i should install Dettagli download: Strumento di analisi della conformità agli aggiornamenti di sistema per Windows 7 (KB947821) [gennaio 2010] ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #16
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drugo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Based upon what I read, and what I have seen on my computer it has nothing to do with boot. Wait 48 hours to check. Based upon what I read, the schedule is set for every 24 hours, but may be less depending on cirucmstances. One circumstance is if the machine is off. So wait 48 hours. If the update checked once you are ok.
maybe i should install Dettagli download: Strumento di analisi della conformitą agli aggiornamenti di sistema per Windows 7 (KB947821) [gennaio 2010] ?
I do not know what that download is, due to language. But as I said yesterday wait 48 hours. Circumstances can cause a delay in the updates. Its once a day, depending on circumstances. Mine is not every 24 hours, sometimes 24 hours sometimes 35 etc. Post tomorrow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #17
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drugo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Based upon what I read, and what I have seen on my computer it has nothing to do with boot. Wait 48 hours to check. Based upon what I read, the schedule is set for every 24 hours, but may be less depending on cirucmstances. One circumstance is if the machine is off. So wait 48 hours. If the update checked once you are ok.
maybe i should install Dettagli download: Strumento di analisi della conformitą agli aggiornamenti di sistema per Windows 7 (KB947821) [gennaio 2010] ?
I do not know what that download is, due to language. But as I said yesterday wait 48 hours. Circumstances can cause a delay in the updates. Its once a day, depending on circumstances. Mine is not every 24 hours, sometimes 24 hours sometimes 35 etc. Post tomorrow.
sorry that's in english Download details: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [January 2010]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #18
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

There is no right and no wrong, but I can tell you what I would do.

First I would wait until tomorrow to see if you really have a problem with updates. Do not keep checking that may cause delays. If you do not have a update check, by tomorrow, at this time, I would still wait a bit. I do not like making changes, like the one you showed me, unless truly necessary. If there is no update check, by this time tomorrow plus 12 hours, I would make a system restore point and then perform the install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2010   #19
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
There is no right and no wrong, but I can tell you what I would do.

First I would wait until tomorrow to see if you really have a problem with updates. Do not keep checking that may cause delays. If you do not have a update check, by tomorrow, at this time, I would still wait a bit. I do not like making changes, like the one you showed me, unless truly necessary. If there is no update check, by this time tomorrow plus 12 hours, I would make a system restore point and then perform the install.
you are right!
every day
i did check and w7 checks for update every day

i would like to know if there is a possibility to tweak and force w7 to check to every boots like xp

thanks a lot

ps i tried to give you another reputation point for the perfect support
but the forum answer is
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to richc46 again.
what's the meaning?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2010   #20
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

TY for reporting back. I am sure there is a way to tweek the system to force update to check at boot, but I do not have that knowledge. I suggest that you try to bring the question to the attention to someone who may know. Start a new thread, give it a subject that says. Can Windows Update Install At Every Boot. Someone will help you.

The message that you received about the rep means. That you have to give rep to 10 other people before you give it to me, again. The people who are in charge of this Forum do not want friends just to give rep to each other all day and they are right. That being said, your appreiciation and desire to rep me again is all that I really need to make me very, very glad that I could help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 does w7 updater check every boots or every day?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Frequent no boots and check disks
OS fails to boot and I have to repair often, and check disk runs frequently. I wonder if it is time to replace the hdd with a new one.
Hardware & Devices
Windows 7 Boots to black screen w/ cursor (also does disc check and te
Basically I woke up this morning to my computer sitting at a black screen with the cursor visible I'm able to move the cursor but do nothing else I rebooted my computer my manually shutting it off and then it started up as it would normally but did this disc check: http://i.imgur.com/BKfTU.jpg...
BSOD Help and Support
How get rid of the Google Updater?
Shows in the Processes list but not in Services. In Msconfig it is unselected and stopped. :mad: W7 x64. Thanks in advance.
Software
Updater Client (What's this?)
Hi Guys, Recently I encountered an error message (pls refer to attach) whenever I am using my laptop running on windows 7 home premium. This message usually appear after I have logged on for some time. Anybody any idea?
BSOD Help and Support
Updater issue??
Am getting a few update issues of late... http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/714/updateosissue.jpg Problem rectifies itself eventually Am searching for reason as to why?? NB, When away from my pc for a while it seems to go into a sleep like state
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App