Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: removing blur from taskbar

09 May 2010   #1
lovewin7yea

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 
removing blur from taskbar

sorry i tried to search all over and cant find it, i remember being able to remove the blur on the taskbar but this is a new computer build and id like to remove it on this desktop as well if someone can link me or shoot me the files to remove that, i would appreciate it, heres a screen shot




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 May 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lovewin7yea View Post
sorry i tried to search all over and cant find it, i remember being able to remove the blur on the taskbar but this is a new computer build and id like to remove it on this desktop as well if someone can link me or shoot me the files to remove that, i would appreciate it, heres a screen shot

If by blur, you mean the aero taskbar, you can simply turn off aero. Is that what you mean?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2010   #3
lovewin7yea

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

no no no

there are streaks going along the taskbar and i want to remove the streaks





i know theres a hack for it but i forgot how to do it, this was a cool 3 months ago
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 May 2010   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lovewin7yea View Post
no no no

there are streaks going along the taskbar and i want to remove the streaks





i know theres a hack for it but i forgot how to do it, this was a cool 3 months ago
Just googled it. I didnt see a reg hack but windowblinds can do exactly that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2010   #5
lovewin7yea

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

right it was a reghack and not windows blinds, hopefully someone can come save the day cause i remember getting it from here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2010   #6
stew2

 

Hi, open regedit and navigate to:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER|Software\microsoft\Windows\DWM then double ckick on ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity and change the value of the Decimal from the default of 50 to something lower like 1.

You will need to log off and then back in again to see the change.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2010   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lovewin7yea View Post
right it was a reghack and not windows blinds, hopefully someone can come save the day cause i remember getting it from here.

Try here. How to Make Windows 7 Window Frame Border Fully Transparent (HideBlur) My Digital Life
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2010   #8
lovewin7yea

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

thank you guys just saw this gonna try it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2010   #9
lovewin7yea

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lovewin7yea View Post
right it was a reghack and not windows blinds, hopefully someone can come save the day cause i remember getting it from here.

Try here. How to Make Windows 7 Window Frame Border Fully Transparent (HideBlur) My Digital Life
thanks for this too zig


but this seems to be for 32bit, i have 64 bit ultimate 7 now, instead of a dword 32 bit file would i go with the qword 64 bit file?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2010   #10
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lovewin7yea View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lovewin7yea View Post
right it was a reghack and not windows blinds, hopefully someone can come save the day cause i remember getting it from here.

Try here. How to Make Windows 7 Window Frame Border Fully Transparent (HideBlur) My Digital Life
thanks for this too zig


but this seems to be for 32bit, i have 64 bit ultimate 7 now, instead of a dword 32 bit file would i go with the qword 64 bit file?
Nope the DWORD is correct.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 removing blur from taskbar




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Removing "blur" From the Taskbar.
Has anyone ever found a way to remove the blurring effect on the task bar? I've found numerous sites to remove the blur from the frames of the windows, but not a single solution to do the same for the taskbar. I've only been able to find themes that remove the "lines" in the transparency but not...
Customization
Taskbar: Removing Icons?
Look, I have looked all over the internet and everywhere tells me the same thing. Click the arrow on task bar>>customize>>customize notification icons>>change behavior of icon to only show notifications/hide icon and notifications. Guess what...it doesn't work. I hide both of these stupid...
Customization
Removing Desktop from: taskbar, alt-tab, win-tab
I'd like to remove the Desktop from the (1) taskbar, and (2) the ALT/WIN+TAB lists. Any way to do either of these? I use Win+D to access the desktop. This makes the Desktop button on the taskbar superfluous. As for the ALT+TAB list, I can't think of why Microsoft included the Desktop there....
Customization
Removing Glass effect and blur from taksbar?
Hi, im currently running the clearscreen sharp theme by k-johnson and was wondering if i decided to make my own, is it possible to remove the white lines u see behind the taskbar and the blur aswell? ive used the utilities which removes blur from the whole theme such as behind the close buttons...
Customization
Removing colons from taskbar?
It came with the customized taskbar folders... http://i40.tinypic.com/2mrtr8j.png
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:39.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App