Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 64X, XFX HD5670 Problems

View Poll Results: Are you having video problems with Win 7?
YES with Win 7 32X 0 0%
NO with Win 7 32X 3 15.00%
YES with Win 7 64X 7 35.00%
NO with Win 7 64X 12 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

31 May 2010   #1
PDG

Win 7 64X
 
 
Win 7 64X, XFX HD5670 Problems

PLEASE HELP,,,

I am having a hard time getting my video card/driver to work with Win 7 64X. I am using the XFX HD 5670 video card. When I first installed it and loaded (new build) win 7 64X it never did load the drivers from the manufacturers disk,, now I have updated the video driver to the Win 7 64X ATI Driver 10.5 today (5-31-10), the driver shows it being released on 5-28-10. I am guessing it is the latest driver. I am still having problems though, my screen goes completely black, I have to use the reset button to reboot. This is happening quit a bit. I had fought Vista 64X for about a year or so and thought I might be better of with 7,,, not sure that is true... I just need a system I can count on,,, It is ssssoooo bad, I needed a reliable computer so I bought a laptop to get by with.... Hopefully I can get my main system up and running. the laptop does have win 7 on it and when the main unit is working,, in between rebooting,, I like how easy it is to share files between both units... any help here would be greatly appreciated!!

Is the answer a different video card? If so please tell me, I will do that if it will work!! Please tell me a video card that will work with 7 64X... THANK YOU!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 May 2010   #2
squall leonhart

Windows 7
 
 

Take the system back to stock settings if overclocked, and ensure any pci-e power connectors are connected.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #3
PDG

Win 7 64X
 
 
Thanks for the reply squall

This card does not have external power requirements, and I haven't had the system up & running long enough to play with any settings,, I'm quite frustrated...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 May 2010   #4
Joshatdot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #5
fishnbanjo

Vista 64 Ultimate, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Ubuntu 9.10
 
 

Hello,
Any reason in particular you chose the ATI version of the driver? XFX cards often have some differences in their drivers to work correctly with their versions of both nVidia and ATI graphics cards. You can download 10.5 for your XFX card at their site, it was released 3 days after ATI released their version.

I kept track as I have XFX's 5870 XXX Edition and noted they still had 10.4 listed until just a few days ago, 10.4 was less responsive so I reverted back to 10.3, have not tried 10.5 yet.

If you don't have a user account there you have to have one, all you need is the s/n or model of your card and an email address, the account is free.

XFX US website is at Home
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2010   #6
PDG

Win 7 64X
 
 

Thank you for the reply fishbanjo,,

I was directed to that update from the XFX website after logging in,, this was on 5/31/10.. Lucky my local Fry's store stayed open till 7:00 pm on Memorial Day; because after another few hours of battling, I decided to take it to the service department at Fry’s to let them troubleshoot it. I am still waiting to hear from them. I have been building my own desktop PC’s for a few years now,,, I think the first version of Windows I remember installing was Windows Workgroup 3.1, which puts this back to the early 90’s anyway. Now I am not a 100% full time computer person, but I have never needed outside help to troubleshoot a bad driver, or hardware. I had some problems with compatibility in Vista 64X but made it through them. Is each edition of Windows getting more critical on compatibility problems? Maybe,,, I guess everyone can keep pointing the finger down to the next guy “it is not us, it is them.” Well that is what makes people very frustrated and willing to try something different, i.e. Apple, Linux,, etc… Heck, there are different parts of Microsoft that fights other parts of Microsoft, instead of having better acceptability codes written in…

Enough of my babbling,,, by the way,, there appears to be a lot of Microsoft either employees or supporters here as no one else is having any video problems,,, or at least no-one wants to take my poll,, and be honest… When I first started having problems with the video, I did a couple of web searches for help, and found a lot of other people were having problems,, and from various manufacturers video cards as well. Of course this is what causes problems, the inability to acknowledge a problem and to cover it up after the fact. Whatever happened to Netscape? Oh yea, Microsoft pushed them out of their way,,

Aggravated? Me? YEP!! There needs to be some solid competition to help Microsoft be a better company!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2010   #7
OneSerious

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Are you sure it's not just a faulty card? Could you get your hands on another 5XXX series card just to test? I personally run an ATI card albeit a 48XX series and have never had an issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2010   #8
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

I don't think it's Windows. I use two Sapphire HD4670's in my main rig (7 x64), and an ASUS HD3450 in the media machine (7 x32), and the wife's machine has a Diamond/Genuine ATI brand 3450 in it (also 7 x32). There has never been a problem with any of them, besides me forgetting to reinstall the driver when I put my two 4670's in Crossfire. My machine at work has an Nvidia GT220 (??) IIRC, and it runs 7 x64, no problems there either.

Disclaimer: This poster took the poll, but does not work for Microsoft, and does not support Microsoft, except to legally purchase it's products, and use them with a reasonably acceptable level of satisfaction.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #9
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PDG View Post
Thank you for the reply fishbanjo,,

I was directed to that update from the XFX website after logging in,, this was on 5/31/10.. Lucky my local Fry's store stayed open till 7:00 pm on Memorial Day; because after another few hours of battling, I decided to take it to the service department at Fry’s to let them troubleshoot it. I am still waiting to hear from them. I have been building my own desktop PC’s for a few years now,,, I think the first version of Windows I remember installing was Windows Workgroup 3.1, which puts this back to the early 90’s anyway. Now I am not a 100% full time computer person, but I have never needed outside help to troubleshoot a bad driver, or hardware. I had some problems with compatibility in Vista 64X but made it through them. Is each edition of Windows getting more critical on compatibility problems? Maybe,,, I guess everyone can keep pointing the finger down to the next guy “it is not us, it is them.” Well that is what makes people very frustrated and willing to try something different, i.e. Apple, Linux,, etc… Heck, there are different parts of Microsoft that fights other parts of Microsoft, instead of having better acceptability codes written in…

Enough of my babbling,,, by the way,, there appears to be a lot of Microsoft either employees or supporters here as no one else is having any video problems,,, or at least no-one wants to take my poll,, and be honest… When I first started having problems with the video, I did a couple of web searches for help, and found a lot of other people were having problems,, and from various manufacturers video cards as well. Of course this is what causes problems, the inability to acknowledge a problem and to cover it up after the fact. Whatever happened to Netscape? Oh yea, Microsoft pushed them out of their way,,

Aggravated? Me? YEP!! There needs to be some solid competition to help Microsoft be a better company!!
First off, who says this is MS' fault? I bet it is ATI drivers.
Download the XFX drivers. Remove the ATI drivers and install the XFX ones and restart. Any luck?

If not, we will keep working with you.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mellon Head View Post
I don't think it's Windows. I use two Sapphire HD4670's in my main rig (7 x64), and an ASUS HD3450 in the media machine (7 x32), and the wife's machine has a Diamond/Genuine ATI brand 3450 in it (also 7 x32). There has never been a problem with any of them, besides me forgetting to reinstall the driver when I put my two 4670's in Crossfire. My machine at work has an Nvidia GT220 (??) IIRC, and it runs 7 x64, no problems there either.

Disclaimer: This poster took the poll, but does not work for Microsoft, and does not support Microsoft, except to legally purchase it's products, and use them with a reasonably acceptable level of satisfaction.
+1
I took it, I was honest.
I have very few problems.

Though I bet this is another case of bad ATI drivers (last time I did that I had to manually install through CMD Prompt, etc, it sucked)

Also, I am too young for MS to hire me (or I was when I started on this forum). I like Windows, yes, but I don't support EVERYTHING MS does.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2010   #10
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Also, I am too young for MS to hire me (or I was when I started on this forum). I like Windows, yes, but I don't support EVERYTHING MS does.

~Lordbob
I'm with you there. I'm old enough to work for them a few times over, but it's the last place you'd ever catch me at. unless it was for a tour that promised free copies of Windows, Office, Visual Studio 2010, etc...

I like most of the software they make, but they do some goofy things now and then. Vista, anyone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 64X, XFX HD5670 Problems




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
3 monitors and a HD5670 ?
Hi all ... Can anyone please tell me if there is any way to get 3 monitors to work at the same time on a HD5670.. not in eyefinaity ...like watch video on one , youtube on 2 , and browsing the web on number 3 all at the same time is what im after... my gpu is this ....PowerColor Official...
Graphic Cards
ATI Radeon Sapphire HD5670 512mb
I put a graphics card, and write my Generic PnP Monitor on Standard Graphics Adapter, and my resolution is bad .... You can give me a link, where do I download drivers? pls :(:(
Graphic Cards
Odd DVD/video playback with HD5670
Hi all, I bought an HD5670 a few weeks back. And just noticed something odd when I watch TV through Media Centre or play DVDs. The image has a kind of pastel look, almost solarised (I think that's the effect), with large areas of colour being the same and very little definition/subtlety. I...
Graphic Cards
ATI HD5670 causes BlackSOD
Hi everyone, My specs are : OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64, CPU : Intel Core i5 760, 2.8 G s1156, Mobo : GIGABYTE P55M-UD2, RAM : Corsair 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333, Graphics card : ATI Sapphire 512MB HD5670 GDDR5, PSU : 500W EarthWatts EA-500D (2x12V rails with 17A each output), Hard drive : 1TB...
BSOD Help and Support
Ati radeon hd5670
Hi all I was considering getting a Radeon 5670 to replace my onboard video which is a Radeon 3200 and I was wanting to know if anybody has installed one and if so what the windows experience score was. Thanks:sarc:
Graphic Cards
extract problems, random BSOD errors all those problems
hi guys i dunno why i have many problems with win7 since installation and so far btw i wrote many topics before about my installation and eventually i didn't found any solution so i took my pc to computer shop and they solve the problem after that i installed win7 without any problems...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:42.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App