Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Internet Explorer 9 beta: The beauty of the web

17 Sep 2010   #411
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Tested and confirmed in IE9.

Internet Explorer Menu Bar - Always on Top - Vista Forums


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Sep 2010   #412
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Using the registry tweak for 'always on top' plus the registry tweak for 'menu bar always on' made the second of the two actually work for me. Until I turned off the 'always on top' one though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #413
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Don't seem to have any room for a tool bar


Internet Explorer 9 beta: The beauty of the web-ie9-no-tool-bar.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2010   #414
Patrick C

Windows 7 Home - 64 Bit
 
 
Opening New Tabs

This a response how new tabs are opened in IE9 -
I was just wondering if anyone saw the little square box to the active tab - especially if the user has only one tab open. The user can click on that
square box and opena as many tabs as required.
Patrick C
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #415
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
This a response how new tabs are opened in IE9 -
I was just wondering if anyone saw the little square box to the active tab - especially if the user has only one tab open. The user can click on that
square box and opena as many tabs as required.
Patrick C
Hello Patrick C, the new tab button is the thing you are referring to correct? If so I beileve it has been there since Internet Explorer 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #416
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Using the registry tweak for 'always on top' plus the registry tweak for 'menu bar always on' made the second of the two actually work for me. Until I turned off the 'always on top' one though.
Well, at least it's a start I suppose.

IE9 -- I WANT my MENU screen back -edit, favorites , etc etc)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #417
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
I like it!


Attached Thumbnails
Internet Explorer 9 beta: The beauty of the web-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #418
Joan Archer

Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Thanks to those who answered me last night, late here today so not long seen the replies and just finished reading the rest of the thread.

I think I'm going to try it tomorrow when I have more time to play, and looking at the last few posts here I like the look of that Menu bar at the top.

Mind you I've just found out I may have lost the ability to scroll with my keyboard, I did have an update to Intellitype not long ago so maybe that took away my scroll. I'll have to have words with John and see if he's had any problems as he has the same keyboard as me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #419
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
Thanks to those who answered me last night, late here today so not long seen the replies and just finished reading the rest of the thread.

I think I'm going to try it tomorrow when I have more time to play, and looking at the last few posts here I like the look of that Menu bar at the top.

Mind you I've just found out I may have lost the ability to scroll with my keyboard, I did have an update to Intellitype not long ago so maybe that took away my scroll. I'll have to have words with John and see if he's had any problems as he has the same keyboard as me.
Just as a note. If you ever want to uninstall IE9, make sure you revert any customization changes made in IE9 before doing so. I had to uninstall due to a few issues I was having and I did not revert any customizations I made. I essentially have a hybrid of IE8 and IE9 now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2010   #420
Darician

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I finally uninstalled IE 9 Beta and instead just installed Platform Preview 5 to try the engine in the beta and I must say, it's very fast. Microsoft is definitely making a good browser engine here. I just couldn't get used to having the tabs on the right squeezed because of the address bar.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Internet Explorer 9 beta: The beauty of the web




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't install Internet Explorer 9 beta
Hello When i click to run the installer, i get this error message come up... The error message also said to look at the logs and in the logs in the Event Viewer, it says in details "Invalid Xml Syntax" Please help
Browsers & Mail
How do I get rid of internet explorer 9 Beta
I used to have internet explorer 7 and it was great but I started getting a few problems when writing letters regarding the text so I was told to upgrade. I thought Internet explorer 9 beta was the latest so i up graded. Bad mistake....In fact the worst I have every made to date on the computer,...
Installation & Setup
. Top 7 keyboard shortcuts for Internet Explorer 9 Beta
More: Top 7 keyboard shortcuts for Internet Explorer 9 Beta | MicrosoftFeed
Browsers & Mail
Internet Explorer Turns 15 Just Ahead of IE9 Beta
More - Internet Explorer Turns 15 Just Ahead of IE9 Beta - - Softpedia
News
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 beta due in September
More - Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 beta due in September | ZDNet
News
Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Released
The IE team at Microsoft has released the second beta of Internet Explorer 8. Contrary to the first beta, which was aimed at developers, this one one is aimed at normal people like you and me. The list of new features and changes is decent, all focused around three themes (marketing alert): ...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App