Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.
You will also see how to save and delete your custom theme. Saving or deleting a theme is not available in Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic.
My Themes is your current theme. These .theme files are located in the hiddenC:\Users\User-Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes folder.
Aero Themes are the Windows Aero themes. They are located in the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder.
Basic and High Contrast Themes are the Windows 7 Basic, Windows Classic, High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black, and High Contrast White themes. They are located in the C:\Windows\Resources\Ease of Access Themes folder.
2. In the left blue pane, click on the Change color scheme link. (see screenshot below)
3. Select the color scheme (theme) that you would like, and click on Apply to test to see how you like it. (see screenshot below) NOTE:Aero themes arenot available in the Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic editions.
4. When finished, click on OK. (see screenshot below step 3)
5. Close the Display window. (see screenshot below step 1)
To Change the Theme in Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise
1. Right click on a empty space on the desktop and click on Personalize. (See screenshot below)
2. To Change the Theme
A) Click on one of the available themes. (See screenshot below) NOTE:See the NOTE box at the top of the tutorial for more about these. To have the regional themes added, see: Themes - Regional.
B) Go to step 4.
3. To Create a Custom Theme NOTE:Any changes that you make to a theme that you have already saved will automatically be updated and saved to it. There will be no need to save it as a new theme again in step 4 below unless you want a new theme.
G) Proceed to OPTION TWO below to save your customized theme as a theme pack.
4. To Save the Current Theme to a File NOTE:This will be your custom theme with a picture (desktop background), colors, sounds, and screen saver that you have selected and put together for the theme.
A) Under My Themes, click on the Save theme link towards the right. (See screenshot above) NOTE:This will save your theme as .theme file for use on your computer only. If you want to share the theme with family and friends, then see: Theme Pack - Create, Save, Install, and Delete.
B) Type in a name you want for this theme, and click on the Save button. (See screenshot below)
5. To Delete a Selected Theme NOTE:You cannot delete the current theme. If you want to delete the current theme, then you must select another theme in step 2 first.
A) Under My Themes, right click on the saved theme you want to delete and click on Delete theme. (See screenshot below)
B) Click on Yes to confirm the deletion. (See screenshot below)
System Manufacturer/Model Number self built OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit CPU Intel E8400 3GHz Motherboard Intel DX48BT2 Memory Kingston PC3-10700H 4Gb Graphics Card XFX Radeon HD 5850 BlackEd. Sound Card Asus Xonar DG Monitor(s) Displays 2x Samsung SM-T220HD 22" Screen Resolution 1680x1050 on two monitors
Keyboard Microsoft Comfort Curve USB Mouse Razer Diamondback 3G PSU Thermaltake ToughPower 850w Case Thermaltake Armor Cooling Scythe Mugen II Hard Drives OCZ Vertex 2 120gb 3.5" (OS)
Seagate Momentus XT 500gb
Samsung F3 1Tb (games)
2x Samsung F1 1Tb Internet Speed 8128/443
My problem is this: Ive already set my background pictures (presentation), colors, sounds and screensaver as I wished, I saved it and set it as default, but, once I reboot, I found that the theme has changed and the current one appears (in Personalize window) as "Not saved Theme" and actually keeps the last picture used on the theme I created (wich appears right next to this new one) as its ONLY pic.
I can re-set mine again, but everytime I turn on my pc, that will happen over n over again, in fact, I just reinstalled Windows 7 2 nights ago, but the problem remains. I think could b something related to my config or so (I wish).
By the way, Im using Kaspersky I S -2010, Google Desktop and a couple little programs starting with Windows.
Thougth that might help.
Please help me, the cool appearance and presentation features is one of the things I like the most about Seven (among a lot of other great stuff).