How to Create a "Windows Update Troubleshoot" Shortcut in Windows 7
This will show you how to create or download a Windows 7 Windows Update Troubleshoot shortcut. You can also Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, or move where you like for easy use.
You could also place any or all troubleshooting shortcuts that you would like to use as well from the related tutorials box at the bottom of this tutorial into a new folder, then pin the folder to the taskbar to make using them easier.
EXAMPLE: Troubleshooting Windows Update
To Download the "Windows Update Troubleshoot" Shortcut
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Windows Update Troubleshoot shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Windows Update Troubleshoot shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below) NOTE:If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Windows Update Troubleshoot" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)