Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 2 Reasons why I HATE Windows 7

02 Dec 2009   #21
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Creative Destruction.

A term I learned this year in Economics. It means that a new technology or method takes over, and destroys the old method. Great for consumers, as it usually means lower prices and more supply. Also good for the company using the new technology. However, it is terrible for the company that made the old product.
A good example of this is typewriters and computers. Computers were an awesome and great new invention that soon replaced the typewriter. This was great for consumers, companies, the world. However, it put the Typewriter companies out of business.

The point is that change will happen, regardless of who it hurts, especially if it is for the benefit of everyone. You can try to hold back change by bailing out the typewriter companies, giving them money to stay in business, but it just holds back the inevitable.
Now, I am not saying that changing to Windows 7 is irresistible, I am trying to say that change can be difficult, but if you embrace it, you cam both flourish.

Now, XP was (is) a great OS, and will continue to be for many people. But Windows 7 IS NOT WINDOWS XP. If you DON'T like Seven, GO BACK to XP and stop complaining about how different it is. Give Seven two weeks of your time, try it out. If you still don't like it, we will help you put XP back on. If you like it, then great.
STOP complaining about differences and put in some EFFORT in learning something new for once. Dive in, take a chance, there will not always be someone there to hold your hand in the dark. But you don't always need it.
In this case, there is a hand to lead you, and that is us and the internet. There are great tutorials out there, great programs. If you look, I am sure you will find something.

Make the Windows 7 Taskbar Work More Like Windows XP or Vista :: the How-To Geek
Make Win 7 look/act like 2k/XP? - windows-7

You could spend hours complaining and trying to find a way to save and bring back the archaic and old. Or you could embrace the change, and you might find that it is for the better.

~Lordbob


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Dec 2009   #22
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote:
I am a Developer for a living for a video game most of my tools need xp and vistas compatibility mode is broken.
You cannot blame Vista or Win7 if the owners of your Developer tools do not upgrade their stuff. You have to kick them, not MS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #23
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Microsoft should engineer Windows 8 so that it breaks compatibility with outdated hardware and force people to look forward not back. Finish this permanently.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Dec 2009   #24
win7clutz

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #25
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Microsoft should engineer Windows 8 so that it breaks compatibility with outdated hardware and force people to look forward not back. Finish this permanently.

I fully agree, but there is a little problem. Many of the large companies that buy thousands of PCs have heavy investments in legacy programs and equipment on which they depend for their day to day work. In addition, their associates (workers) hate to learn new stuff. For MS it is a walk along the cliff.
We can't go by us geeks who have just a few PCs and are willing to learn. In most cases we don't really use our systems for our livelihood and can migrate at our leasure. And if something does not work, it does not effect our bottom line and we find a workaround.
I have been in system software development for 35 years and I know that you always walk a fine line between the developer that likes to restart with a blank sheet and the customers who like to be the least disturbed in their daily business. Those are tough trade-offs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #26
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Microsoft should engineer Windows 8 so that it breaks compatibility with outdated hardware and force people to look forward not back. Finish this permanently.

I fully agree, but there is a little problem. Many of the large companies that buy thousands of PCs have heavy investments in legacy programs and equipment on which they depend for their day to day work. In addition, their associates (workers) hate to learn new stuff. For MS it is a walk along the cliff.
We can't go by us geeks who have just a few PCs and are willing to learn. In most cases we don't really use our systems for our livelihood and can migrate at our leasure. And if something does not work, it does not effect our bottom line and we find a workaround.
I have been in system software development for 35 years and I know that you always walk a fine line between the developer that likes to restart with a blank sheet and the customers who like to be the least disturbed in their daily business. Those are tough trade-offs.
Agreed, but if everyone changes it will help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #27
paliometoxo

Microsoft windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Perhaps, but to each their own. Some folks like the nostalgic look of the classic theme, but with all of the new advancements and other features that come with Windows 7.

exatly.. windows 7 brings some nice new features and runs from less ramunlike vista..

xp was good but 7 is that much better.. one feature i like on xp that either vista or seven does not have is that xp i could set a animated picture as a desktop wallpaper and it would animate on vista and 7 it doesent.. i asked on the vista forums years ago whenever it was aparanrtly its a safet something... it would be nice if you could have it back on.. other then that .. some features like putting ur mouse over the minimised icons and it opening it up without u have to keep switching and so much more.. people who stick to windows xp does not know what they missing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #28
ananth2ananth

windows 7 Professional 32-bit OS
 
 

default classic menu is not available in win 7.
But remaining features are good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #29
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paliometoxo View Post
one feature i like on xp that either vista or seven does not have is that xp i could set a animated picture as a desktop wallpaper and it would animate on vista and 7 it doesent.. i asked on the vista forums years ago whenever it was aparanrtly its a safet something... it would be nice if you could have it back on....
It was called Active Desktop and by far it was an under used failure. It was cut out because hardly anyone used it and it was really heavy on resources. So why maintain something that no one used? And that hampered system stability and performance?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #30
paliometoxo

Microsoft windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

yes thats the one Active desktop.

Its nice to have the feature there for those who want it, i mean to have it disabled and for those who want it the ability to enable the feature... i dident even know about it until after i was on vista and a friend with xp used animated wallpaper..

seemed fine on her lap top with a animated wallpaper.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 2 Reasons why I HATE Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Most XP users hate Windows 7!!!
Check the comments on this article, very interesting!! Why XP owners won't love Windows 7 - Computerworld Blogs
Chillout Room
I hate windows 7
Hmmm so I am pretty mad right now. 1) The forums telling me that win 7 was a ok b) poeple in the industry was telling me that it was safe go for it c) not following my gut instinct and getting windows 7. It is the biggest hunk of garbage I have ever dealt with, my work flow is completely in...
General Discussion
Why I Hate Windows 7
My new Windows 7 Ultimate update from Windows XP has made all my directories read only. This includes 2 external hard drives. The files in the folders are NOT read only. I have tried the following fixes but to no avail: a simple updating of the check box in the folder going to the properties...
General Discussion
Starting to HATE Windows 7
Hey guys, I got a problem with Windows 7 that is about to make me go back to XP. I received my Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista installed and hated Vista. Then I upgraded to Windows 7 and it automatically installed all the drivers and stuff...but I had some problems. First, my webcam microphone...
Drivers
Windows 7: Four reasons to upgrade, four reasons to st
Opinion: Microsoft's new OS offers the best of upgrading, the worst of upgrading The release of Windows 7 to manufacturing begins a tale of two operating systems: the one you want and the one you don't. It is packed with improvements and cool stuff, but it still carries a whiff of Vista that may...
News
Google Voice: 5 Reasons to Use It, 5 Reasons to Think T
Google Voice: 5 Reasons to Use It, 5 Reasons to Think Twice Google Voice: 5 Reasons to Use It, 5 Reasons to Think Twice - PC World Interesting indeed. Might be worth trying, and it certainly sounds cool. Google really has some great ideas, though privacy is indeed an issue here. I...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App