Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Taskbar options

11 Feb 2010   #11
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Strange, post back the website address you are using for it, and I'll create one with it to see what I get.

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Feb 2010   #12
Opps

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Opps View Post
I use IE8 for tabbed browsing, I've looked at programes like Opera / FF and what may appear simple to some, they look to complicated for me (if every programe I use is not set to default I'm lost )
It's your decision, but there is nothing complicated about Opera, except that there are a lot of possible customizations that it is capable of, so if you count these as complications, then it would be highly complicated. As far as Opera being able to run as the default browser, that is one of the easiest possibilites. But I definitely wouldn't want to twist your arm.
My computer knowledge is zero which is why I always leave everything as default, I'm scared of installing / changing anything in case I mess up and cannot get back to what I'm used to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #13
Opps

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Strange, post back the website address you are using for it, and I'll create one with it to see what I get.

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7?
Shawn

I'v pasted this into the icon https://www.sevenforums.com/

I think I'm using 64 (how do I find out?)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Feb 2010   #14
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

This will help show you how to tell.
System Type - 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)

I've created this one in a ZIP file below for 64-bit Windows 7 for you to download try to see how it works using this in the location box when creating a new shorcut.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" https://www.sevenforums.com/


Attached Files
File Type: zip Seven Forums.zip (880 Bytes, 2 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #15
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Opps View Post
My computer knowledge is zero which is why I always leave everything as default, I'm scared of installing / changing anything in case I mess up and cannot get back to what I'm used to.
I well understand where you are coming from, because It hasn't been that many years since I got my first computer, and I was probably more scared of it than you. However, if one is going to get the most out of their computer, one must overcome this fear, even though that should be done in small steps. Gradually, as a person's gains confidence, their steps become longer and faster. It doesn't take too long for a person to start jumping hurdles. I'm certainly no trackstar, because their is plenty of things that I don't know, but generally those are things that I don't have the need or interest in learning. Perhaps you are this way about adapting to a superior browsing experience.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #16
Opps

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
This will help show you how to tell.
System Type - 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
It says 64bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
I've created this one in a ZIP file below for 64-bit Windows 7 for you to download try to see how it works using this in the location box when creating a new shorcut.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" https://www.sevenforums.com/
Right, I deleted previous icons and started fresh, I copied and pasted the above link, but still not working,Shawn, do I have up to date programes, because i don't get the same imagewhat's showing in 4b, I've also tried it by unticking lock the taskbar and tried it with ticking lock the taskbar but still not working, only "Pin to internet explorer is showing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #17
Opps

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Opps View Post
My computer knowledge is zero which is why I always leave everything as default, I'm scared of installing / changing anything in case I mess up and cannot get back to what I'm used to.
I well understand where you are coming from, because It hasn't been that many years since I got my first computer, and I was probably more scared of it than you. However, if one is going to get the most out of their computer, one must overcome this fear, even though that should be done in small steps. Gradually, as a person's gains confidence, their steps become longer and faster. It doesn't take too long for a person to start jumping hurdles. I'm certainly no trackstar, because their is plenty of things that I don't know, but generally those are things that I don't have the need or interest in learning. Perhaps you are this way about adapting to a superior browsing experience.
I was always taught, if it's not broke it doesn't need fixing, that's been drummed into me from childhood, takes some confidence when thinking about deciding to explore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #18
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Opps View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
This will help show you how to tell.
System Type - 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
It says 64bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
I've created this one in a ZIP file below for 64-bit Windows 7 for you to download try to see how it works using this in the location box when creating a new shorcut.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" https://www.sevenforums.com/
Right, I deleted previous icons and started fresh, I copied and pasted the above link, but still not working,Shawn, do I have up to date programes, because i don't get the same imagewhat's showing in 4b, I've also tried it by unticking lock the taskbar and tried it with ticking lock the taskbar but still not working, only "Pin to internet explorer is showing.
Have you tried the ZIP download in the post above, and extracting the shortcut from it to see how it works?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #19
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Opps View Post
I was always taught, if it's not broke it doesn't need fixing, that's been drummed into me from childhood, takes some confidence when thinking about deciding to explore.
That is a wise philosophy...for the most part, however it depends on how "broken" is defined. From my perspective, IE is definitely broken, but it is not my perspective that matters.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #20
Opps

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Have you tried the ZIP download in the post above, and extracting the shortcut from it to see how it works?
Opps, never noticed it, however, it's now on my taskbar!!!!!!!

I don't have a clue what I've done, I just opened the attachment at it's on my taskbar
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Taskbar options




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Changing taskbar options to see how many windows are open
Hello,everybody! Basically,i can't find where and how to change this.For example,on my windows xp when i opened multiple windows from same type they got squeezed and on taskbar you could see exact number of these windows...But on windows 7 they only get squeezed but without any real visible...
Customization
How to restore right click menu options for taskbar
I'd like to have my right click menu option restored for Internet Explorer. In the past, when I right clicked on the IE icon in the taskbar, it used to show "Launch IE In-Private" mode or some such wording. Now it's gone. Basically what happened was that I was randomly losing my pinned...
General Discussion
How to create IE9 Internet Options shortcut in taskbar
Hi folks, When I used IE8 I created an Internet Options shortcut on the taskbar using this tutorial: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24072-internet-options-shortcut-create.html but am not sure whether it works for IE9? Will it work or is there another tutorial for IE9? Thank you.
Browsers & Mail
Taskbar Options
I have two systems with W7 Home Premium installed. I thought I did everything the same on both systems when I installed W7. However, for some reason one of the systems shows a "huge" block for every program/file open and the other one just shows the normal icon with a small 3D type addition when...
General Discussion
Loss of extra options on right clicking a taskbar icon?
My problem here is quite simple, well the problem is, not to sure on the solution... Basically, I like to have icons to my most used programs pined to the taskbar, as you do, and when I right click one of these icons, I'm usually presented with a list of many extra options related to the...
Performance & Maintenance
Taskbar options
Hi guys! I am using windows 7 home premium nd im running it on a 512mb ram with a 64mb video card memory as mentioned in https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/20967-install-windows-7-computer-less-than-512mb-ram.html. The problem is i cant change the colour of my taskbar nor make it transparent. Pls...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App