Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Logitech mouse/kb must reinstall drivers after reboot

12 Nov 2009   #1
Kari

 
Logitech mouse/kb must reinstall drivers after reboot

Hello geeks and gurus.

I'm using a Logitech DiNovo Media Desktop, a mouse / keyboard combo connected with bluetooth to my computer. I have installed the latest drivers and Logitech Setpoint software.

Setpoint installation uses my computers internal bluetooth so the included bluetooth dongle is not connected.

Mouse and keyboard work fine and without any problems, until I reboot. After reboot both mouse and kb refuse to connect. Logitech Bluetooth Connection Assistant finds them but refuses to connect . Waking up (sleep or hibernate) causes no problems, mouse and kb connect and work. This issue occurs only after reboot, every time.

I have found a workaround but it is PITA. If I disconnect all USB devices (two HD's, DVD and Blue-Ray) before booting, mouse and kb are still not working but the Logitech Bluetooth Connection Assistant application finds them and reinstalls the drivers. After that I can connect mouse and kb and only after that the disconnected USB devices.

It takes an extra 3 to 5 minutes every time I reboot. Luckily I normally hibernate instead of shutting down but for example after installing updates I have to reboot. And the circus begins...

Short version: it seems I'm loosing drivers for my bluetooth mouse and kb every time I shut down the machine. I am not able to reinstall drivers if any external USB device is connected.

Any ideas?

Kari


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Nov 2009   #2
TheSchaft

Windows 7 x64 HP, Windows 7 HP, Windows 7 Ult
 
 

Any RF nearby (wireless router, monitor) that could be interferring with the Bluetooth?

Doesn't Logitech have the keyboard and mouse go into sleep mode in order to conserve battery life when the system is off? Can you change that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #3
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
W7 crashing soon after booting up.

What's the connection between these two threads?
Basically nothing. After installing the latest Setpoint some 3-4 weeks ago everything has been working. The only problem is the issue I told here.

System does not crash, and reinstalling drivers works every time. It's just PITA!!! I don't shut down so often, only when I must (updates etc.) so I can live with this.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheSchaft View Post
Any RF nearby (wireless router, monitor) that could be interferring with the Bluetooth?

Doesn't Logitech have the keyboard and mouse go into sleep mode in order to conserve battery life when the system is off? Can you change that?
I think you are on to something there. Have to check this, disable WiFi in my router or something.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Nov 2009   #4
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Nah, interference won't makes drivers dissapear.

I'm thinking more in the line of IRQ conflicts, or lack of power on the ports to sustain all the peripherals.
USB stuff suck up a lot of energy from the ports when they are initialized.

Have you tried other usb ports for the bluetooth dongle?
Your system has different controllers per two ports.

Greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #5
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Nah, interference won't makes drivers dissapear.

I'm thinking more in the line of IRQ conflicts, or lack of power on the ports to sustain all the peripherals.
USB stuff suck up a lot of energy from the ports when they are initialized.

Have you tried other usb ports for the bluetooth dongle?
Your system has different controllers per two ports.


Greetz
The point is, as I told earlier, that Setpoint uses the HP's built-in bluetooth rather than it's own dongle, so the included dongle is currently located in my desk drawer .

That's why I think TheSchaft is on to something; my laptops WiFi and bluetooth are connected somehow. If I push the button on my laptop to disable WiFi, also bluetooth is disabled and vice versa.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #6
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Nah, interference won't makes drivers dissapear.

I'm thinking more in the line of IRQ conflicts, or lack of power on the ports to sustain all the peripherals.
USB stuff suck up a lot of energy from the ports when they are initialized.

Have you tried other usb ports for the bluetooth dongle?
Your system has different controllers per two ports.


Greetz
The point is, as I told earlier, that Setpoint uses the HP's built-in bluetooth rather than it's own dongle, so the included dongle is currently located in my desk drawer .

That's why I think TheSchaft is on to something; my laptops WiFi and bluetooth are connected somehow. If I push the button on my laptop to disable WiFi, also bluetooth is disabled and vice versa.

Kari
Then my next question is, why not use the bluetooth dongle?

Ok, Wifi and bluetooth enable or disable together.
But what does have to do with interference?
They are made to work side by side aren't they?

If you believe interference is the problem, try changing the WiFi's broadcast channel.

Good luck friend.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #7
Kari

 

Have tried every possible frequence, no difference. Disabled WiFi, no difference.

Only possible way to use Logitech's own bluetooth USB dongle is to disable the laptop's built-in, which in turn also disables WiFi. No difference.

Giving up. Like I said, reboot is something really rare in our household. I just love hibernate, never had these sleep or hibernate problems I've read so much about here on SF. Just have to remember disconnect USB devices every time I'm forced to shutdown / reboot.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Logitech mouse/kb must reinstall drivers after reboot




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Logitech mouse battery gadget?
Hello all, I'm looking for a Logitech gadgets like mouse, keyboard etc. If someone have it please upload to download. Thank you in advance!
Customization
Help with my G9x logitech mouse
Hey, I've been having problems with my g9x logitech gaming mouse. 2-3 days ago I plugged it in and the color wouldn't show to show that the mouse is on. I had to wiggle the usb for the mouse to turn on. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes because I have to get it in the right position, because if I...
Hardware & Devices
Logitech Wireless Mouse Problem
I just purchased a Logitech M505 Wireless Laser mouse. My computer is an i7 Core machine with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. Inserting the USB receiver plug caused the normal driver install process which was successful. However, no mouse action at all. I've tried different USB slots to no avail. My...
Hardware & Devices
Logitech Performance MX Mouse
I just got a Performance MX mouse to replace my MX1000 that had a strange quirk of doing a double click when only clicking once. It didn't do it on every click, but it started to do it quite often which was a pain when selecting a bunch of files to be moved and when you click on one and it does...
Hardware & Devices
Must reinstall NIC and USB drivers after every reboot
Hi guys, firstly, I'm running a gigabyte P35 motherboard with a quad core processor and 2 gigs of ram and an Intel chip-set etc. As for hardware, everything is ok and I've had no problems up until now. About 4 days ago, after rebooting my pc, I noticed firstly that my internet was not...
Drivers
Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button
Hey all, I just installed Windows 7 earlier today. The install went fine, until right near the end. I had to click 'next' to a question, which I had already done a few times, but this time the tab was not responding. I tried again and again, then finally just hovered over the tab and pressed...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:15.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App