Live Photo Gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 722
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
       #1

    Live Photo Gallery


    Hi i was just wondering is there a way to get Windows Live photo gallery, without getting Movie maker along with it, as i dont want it. Is there a work around?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 934
    Windows 8.1 ; Windows 7 x86 (Dec2008-Jan2013)
       #2

    You might try the following trick on Windows Live Essentials 2011.

    1. Download the web-setup file "wlsetup-web.exe"
    2.When it starts select the second option
    "Choose the programs you want to install"
    3. Here is very important part: DO NOT CLICK install button!
    You need to wait here. It depends on your internet speed.
    For 4.3 Mbps it took 15 minutes wait.
    4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live\.cache
    You will find a bunch of folders where with random names.
    You can stop waiting when this folder will get to about 259 MB.
    And new folders will stop appearing.
    5. Find the following files and backup them in separate folder:
    PhotoCommonLang.msi
    d-PhotoCommonLang.msp
    PhotoLibraryLang.msi
    UXPlatform.msi
    d-PhotoLibraryLang.msp

    Folder containing:
    DEC2006_d3dx9_32_x64.cab
    DEC2006_d3dx9_32_x86.cab
    DSETUP.dll
    dsetup32.dll
    DXSETUP.exe
    dxupdate.cab

    Another folder with
    Aug2009_d3dx10_42_x64.cab
    Aug2009_d3dx10_42_x86.cab
    DSETUP.dll
    dsetup32.dll
    DXSETUP.exe
    dxupdate.cab

    And other single files
    wllogin_wlx-x86.msi
    d-UXPlatform.msp
    WLXSuite.msi
    UXPlatformLang.msi
    d-WLXSuite.msp
    crt90.msi
    d3dx10-x86.msi
    dw20shared.msi
    soxe.definitions.msi
    soxe.core.msi
    d-soxe.core.msp
    Contacts.msi
    d-Contacts.msp
    pimt.msi
    PhotoCommon.msi
    WLXSuiteLang.msi
    d-PhotoCommon.msp
    SQLServerCE31-EN.msi
    PhotoLibrary.msi
    d-PhotoLibrary.msp
    d-WLXSuiteLang.msp

    IGNORE the rest of the files - those are the other components of Live Essentials.

    6. Cancel installation of Windows Live Essentials 2011.

    7. GO back to the rescued files and install all of mentioned above one by one (well, except dx folders, you just start dxsetup in that case)

    SLIDESHOW MIGHT NOT WORK WITHOUT LIVE MOVIE MAKER
    Last edited by Neutron16; 17 Apr 2011 at 11:56. Reason: Test update - Slideshow might not work
      My Computer


  3. whs
    Posts : 26,213
    Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
       #3

    If Windows Live installed more than you want, proceed to uninstall Windows Live. There you can select what to uninstall and what to keep.

    Btw; the WLMM is very good. The output quality is ways better than with WMM. It is also much easier to operate because of the ribbon.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 934
    Windows 8.1 ; Windows 7 x86 (Dec2008-Jan2013)
       #4

    whs said:
    There you can select what to uninstall and what to keep.
    Unfortunately, this is not the case with Photo gallery and Movie maker, because they are paired in the installer as well as in uninstaller.

    Mitch656, try the suggestion I have posted above.
      My Computer


  5. whs
    Posts : 26,213
    Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
       #5

    Neutron16 said:
    whs said:
    There you can select what to uninstall and what to keep.
    Unfortunately, this is not the case with Photo gallery and Movie maker, because they are paired in the installer as well as in uninstaller.

    Mitch656, try the suggestion I have posted above.
    Thanks for the info. I learned something. Since I kept both I did not get this little detail.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 722
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Neutron16 said:
    You might try the following trick on Windows Live Essentials 2011.

    1. Download the web-setup file "wlsetup-web.exe"
    2.When it starts select the second option
    "Choose the programs you want to install"
    3. Here is very important part: DO NOT CLICK install button!
    You need to wait here. It depends on your internet speed.
    For 4.3 Mbps it took 15 minutes wait.
    4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live\.cache
    You will find a bunch of folders where with random names.
    You can stop waiting when this folder will get to about 259 MB.
    And new folders will stop appearing.
    5. Find the following files and backup them in separate folder:
    PhotoCommonLang.msi
    d-PhotoCommonLang.msp
    PhotoLibraryLang.msi
    UXPlatform.msi
    d-PhotoLibraryLang.msp

    Folder containing:
    DEC2006_d3dx9_32_x64.cab
    DEC2006_d3dx9_32_x86.cab
    DSETUP.dll
    dsetup32.dll
    DXSETUP.exe
    dxupdate.cab

    Another folder with
    Aug2009_d3dx10_42_x64.cab
    Aug2009_d3dx10_42_x86.cab
    DSETUP.dll
    dsetup32.dll
    DXSETUP.exe
    dxupdate.cab

    And other single files
    wllogin_wlx-x86.msi
    d-UXPlatform.msp
    WLXSuite.msi
    UXPlatformLang.msi
    d-WLXSuite.msp
    crt90.msi
    d3dx10-x86.msi
    dw20shared.msi
    soxe.definitions.msi
    soxe.core.msi
    d-soxe.core.msp
    Contacts.msi
    d-Contacts.msp
    pimt.msi
    PhotoCommon.msi
    WLXSuiteLang.msi
    d-PhotoCommon.msp
    SQLServerCE31-EN.msi
    PhotoLibrary.msi
    d-PhotoLibrary.msp
    d-WLXSuiteLang.msp

    IGNORE the rest of the files - those are the other components of Live Essentials.

    6. Cancel installation of Windows Live Essentials 2011.

    7. GO back to the rescued files and install all of mentioned above one by one (well, except dx folders, you just start dxsetup in that case)
    I'm waiting for like 20mins and nothing happening, and i dont see how my internet speed affects when stuff appears in a folder when it just being left open
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 934
    Windows 8.1 ; Windows 7 x86 (Dec2008-Jan2013)
       #7

    Mitch656 said:
    I'm waiting for like 20mins and nothing happening, and i dont see how my internet speed affects when stuff appears in a folder when it just being left open
    You are saying that nothing appears in the folder
    Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live\.cache
    when you start web intaller and do not contunue through it at the "Choose the programs you want to install" step?

    Logic behind of all that is the following.
    When you start file wlsetup-web.exe (1,3 Mb) it secretly downloads about 259 Mb of installation files from the internet. If you try to start wlsetup-web.exe without internet connection, you wont be able to install any part of MS Essentials (because the installer gets it from MS website).

    By the way, if you use other MS OS, the folder might be different.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 722
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    well Im using windows 7 Home.
    I've tryed without touching anything
    I've tryed clicking the option "Choose what i want"
    and none have work :l
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 934
    Windows 8.1 ; Windows 7 x86 (Dec2008-Jan2013)
       #9

    Mitch656 said:
    none have work :l
    Which version of MS Essentials you are trying to install?
    Please, post screenshot of the folder
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live\.cache
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 722
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Im using Windows Live 2011
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Live Photo Gallery-untitled.jpg  
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57.
Find Us