Latest version of Avast Antivirus

Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 697778798081 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 70,233
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #781

    Thank you George. First post updated. :)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 4,776
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
       #782

    Avast pop ups - disable


    Andyrids said:
    I do not know if this has been mentioned before but with the free Avast the little promo pop ups you get about once or twice a day asking if you want to upgrade etc there is a one as of late that asks if you would take part in one of their surveys to help improve Avast etc etc Do not take that survey ! you will get nagged by the pop up every couple of hours after that ! and it becomes a real PITA.
    Take a look at the article here for the information you need:

    How to Disable Annoying Popups, and Alerts in Avast
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 172
    Windows 7 x64 SP1
       #783

    Callender said:
    Andyrids said:
    I do not know if this has been mentioned before but with the free Avast the little promo pop ups you get about once or twice a day asking if you want to upgrade etc there is a one as of late that asks if you would take part in one of their surveys to help improve Avast etc etc Do not take that survey ! you will get nagged by the pop up every couple of hours after that ! and it becomes a real PITA.
    Take a look at the article here for the information you need:

    How to Disable Annoying Popups, and Alerts in Avast
    Yes thanks for that, however I already know about the silent/gaming mode and I need to see all the blocked virus pop ups a few upgrade pop ups a day do not bother me I was only informing others that if they see a survey one then not to take it as afterwards the nag pop up frequency will increase.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 9,615
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #784

    Andyrids said:
    Callender said:
    Andyrids said:
    I do not know if this has been mentioned before but with the free Avast the little promo pop ups you get about once or twice a day asking if you want to upgrade etc there is a one as of late that asks if you would take part in one of their surveys to help improve Avast etc etc Do not take that survey ! you will get nagged by the pop up every couple of hours after that ! and it becomes a real PITA.
    Take a look at the article here for the information you need:

    How to Disable Annoying Popups, and Alerts in Avast
    Yes thanks for that, however I already know about the silent/gaming mode and I need to see all the blocked virus pop ups a few upgrade pop ups a day do not bother me I was only informing others that if they see a survey one then not to take it as afterwards the nag pop up frequency will increase.
    I can't recall the last time I saw an advertising pop-up from Avast. I'm sure I'm getting them but they must be happening when I have the monitors turned off (my desktop runs 24/7). You can go into Avast have pop-ups set to stay up just a few seconds (which I have done). When I do get a pop-up it's at the lower left hand corner of my primary monitor; most of my work, browsing, etc. is done on the secondary and tertiary monitors so the pop-up isn't nearly as annoying as it could be.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 53,693
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #785

    Be aware that gaming mode will disable ALL popups, including virus alerts, etc. One ad a day or so is worth it to me to have important popups display.

    https://blog.avast.com/2015/01/22/do...notifications/

    A Guy
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 6,330
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64 +Linux_VMs +Chromium_VM
       #786

    New version AVAST 2015 R3 (build number 2015.10.3.2223) has been released

    Info and Downloads: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=173591.0

    Note: this version should fix the "50% System Restore max space" problem.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 70,233
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #787

    Thank you David. First post updated. :)
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 310
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
       #788

    DavidE said:
    New version AVAST 2015 R3 (build number 2015.10.3.2223) has been released

    Info and Downloads: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=173591.0

    Note: this version should fix the "50% System Restore max space" problem.
    It slows the iTunes store loading for me (specially main page) and makes my browsing a little slower in general. I have a brand new Windows 7 64 bits installation.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 6,330
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64 +Linux_VMs +Chromium_VM
       #789

    I don't use iTunes so I can't comment on that.
    I haven't noticed a difference in browser speed, I use PaleMoon.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 6,330
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64 +Linux_VMs +Chromium_VM
       #790

    New version AVAST 2015 R3 SP1 (build number 2015.10.3.2225) has been released:
    Source: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=174286.0
      My Computer


 
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 697778798081 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.
Find Us