You could also place any or all troubleshooting shortcuts that you would like to use as well from the related tutorials box at the bottom of this tutorial into a new folder, then pin the folder to the taskbar to make using them easier.
EXAMPLE: Program Compatibility
To Download the "Program Compatibility" Shortcut
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Program Compatibility Troubleshoot shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Program Compatibility Troubleshoot shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (see screenshot below) NOTE:If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Program Compatibility" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and Paste the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
%systemroot%\system32\msdt.exe -id PCWDiagnostic
3. Type Program Compatibility Troubleshoot for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below) NOTE:You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Program Compatibility Troubleshoot shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
System Manufacturer/Model Number ASUSTeK Computer INC. CM5675 OS Windows 7 Ultimate CPU Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. CM5675 Memory 6.00 GB Graphics Card Intel(R) HD Graphics Sound Card Intel HD integtrated Monitor(s) Displays Samsung 24' Screen Resolution 1900/1020
Hard Drives (1) INTEL SSD SA2M120G2GC ATA Device (2) ST31000528AS ATA Device Internet Speed 30mb